last love (Jin dabum)

You were sitting in the Han River, the sun reflecting on the calm water as your brush was painting the white canvas.

You had nothing to do that day beside overthink your gone relationship with the man you thought would've been the one.

You had given him your whole self, taking care of him,
smoothing your edges and learning how to accept all those things that you hated, but he loved the most.

All of that just got dumped when you didn't accept it to happen, and even tho it has been two years, yet you were still there, thinking about a man who had already forgotten you.

You wanted him back, you really did:he was the only person that felt like home, the only man that you trusted and protected with your whole heart; however, when he stopped answering your texts and calls you had given up.

You sighed, adding more lightning to the water you were panting:paint was your favorite hobby, the only thing able to keep your mind busy when you felt like drowning, that was why, lately, you had been painting a lot.

Three canvas to be precise, that was the fourth, and all of them had the same subject:the Han River, take on different perspectives.

Why the Han River? Because that was where you had met him, and where he had asked you to become your first love.

"May I sit here?" a voice suddenly asked, making you turn around

"Dabum...yes, you can" you said, giving him space on the picnic blanket.

He smiled, handling you a bag full of snacks

"What's this?" you demanded

"Snacks for you. You've been here since this morning, you need to eat something"

"I'm not hungry-you shifted your eyes on the canvas-if I were I would've already eaten"

"I know you don't eat when you overthink"

"Im not overthinking"

"You are, if you weren't you wouldn't be painting. When you're okay you never paint, when you're in pain you do"

"How do you know" you spoke, coldly. No one was aware of that habit besides him.

"I've been noticing a lot about you lately"

"Are you stalking me? you freaking creep" you scoffed, trying to push him away

"I'm not stalking, I'm just paying attention"

"I didn't ask you, just like I didn't ask you to bring me food. Leave me alone Dabum"

"Why would I leave you alone when you need someone the most?" he rested his hand on your back, but you shrugged it off

"Get lost"

"I know he hurt you, and I know what you're thinking:if it's not him, why should I take someone else? Why should I move one? And why should I let someone in? I'll tell you why:because grieve alone is the worst way to heal. Push away people who love you is the worst way to find relief. Hearts need love to put thier pieces together after someone else shattered them" Dabum talked, looking at you sweetly, his hand fixing your creased skirt and leaving a gentle caress on your knee.

You stopped painting, your hand was now shaking while the tip of the brush was a few millimeters away from the canvas. Dabum wiped a tear of yours away, putting your brush down to hold your hand.

"Why are you doing this?" you asked, staring at the sun reflecting his rays on the water of the river

"He was your first love, I intend b to be your last" he replied, letting your head rest on his shoulder.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

jwxluvr: you can find the real author on tumblr, their username is randomlifex.