* 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 *

--*--*

𝑨𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒆•

My eyes fluttered open my eyes slowly adjusting to the light I yawned looking beside me I noticed Ares's side of the bed empty, stretching I slid out of bed walking toward the bathroom, and another yawn escaped me I rubbed my eyes taking in my appearance my hair was messy I quickly ran a brush through my hair, brushing my teeth before sliding on a hoodie I've stolen from Ares closet.

I stifled a yawn as I walked into the kitchen, Valentina looked up when she heard my footsteps, and with a smile, she rushed over to me pulling me into a hug.

"Happy birthday!" She placed a kiss on my cheek before pulling back. "Do you have plans for today?" I shook my head

"Not that I know of?" I smiled, walking toward the kitchen and making myself a coffee.

"Happy birthday Adrienne," Ace spoke as he walked into the kitchen, planting a kiss on his wife's cheek before he sat down beside her.

I smiled as i felt an arm wrap itself around my waist i felt his warm breath on my neck as he planted a kiss on my pulse.

"Happy birthday, mi amore" I turned around, kissing him.

"Thank you" I smiled, grabbing my coffee I walked toward the table Ares following behind.

"I have a gift for you" Valentina smiled.

"You didn't have too." She frowned passing me the gift.

"Yes, I did" I unwrapped the gift which was a pair of sliver earrings along with a long flowy dress

"Thank you" I smiled, my gaze drifting down to my thigh were Ares had placed his hand which was now slowly drawing patterns along my inner thigh.

"Do you want to go to dinner this evening?" I felt his breath on the shell of my ear.

"Yes" I smiled, i felt Ares remove his hand and stand up, I watched as he slid his chair in before extending his hand to me.

"Come." I finished my coffee, before following Ares he walked toward our bedroom opening the door I noticed a couple gifts on the bed turning to him with a smile I walked closer to the bed.

"Are these for me?" I turned around to face him.

"Who else would they be for?" He spoke, my cheeks tinted a light pink.

I watched as he turned around with a frown I turned my gaze back to the gifts, the first gift was a necklace with a matching bracelet along with a dress and heels.

"I was hoping you would wear the dress tonight." Ares spoke from behind me, turning around I noticed the daffodils in his hand.

"You remember?" I smiled, remembering the time I had told him daffodils were my favourite flower.

"Of course, I did" He planted a kiss on my forehead I felt him drop something in my hands confused I looked down gasping looking at the car keys with a small bow on them.

"What..." He grinned taking my hand and pulling me toward the garage.

"Omg." I gasped infront of me was a 2024 Mustang GT dark horse, with a bright red bow on the bonnet.

" I gasped infront of me was a 2024 Mustang GT dark horse, with a bright red bow on the bonnet

"Do you like it" I felt him wrap his arms around my waist, I nodded rapidly.

"Thank you!!" I planted a kiss on his lips before opening the door to look at the interior.

I heard him chuckle before he went to the passenger seat, I grinned sliding into the drivers seat.

After I took my car for a test drive, Ares announced he had to go to the warehouse and a couple meetings but he would return in time to pick me up for dinner. He placed a rough kiss on my lips before leaving.

I answered a few birthday calls, and FaceTimed with my mother for a while, she apologised that she couldn't be with me on my birthday she wandered through the house to find Micha I smiled when I saw my cat come onto the screen.

"Honey?" My mother asked her voice held uncertainty

"Yeah?" I looked back toward my phone.

"I have to go, your father said happy birthday." She rushed out before hanging up the phone.

I frowned placing my phone onto the vanity before I continued getting ready I had pinned my curled hair up into a bun letting some curls frame my face before I changed into the white dress Ares had gifted me, the dress was floor length and had cut outs on both sides showing the side of my boobs, which is one of the reasons I think Ares picked it.

I looked at the clock, it was 20 to 7 ares said he would be here to pick me up at 7:15pm with a smile I looked toward the bouquet of daffodils which sat in a vase on my vanity.

I sat on the bed waiting for Ares, I glanced down at my phone again a frown on my face 7:45pm my excitement decreasing every minute he's late.

--*--*
𝑨𝒓𝒆𝒔•

I cursed as I sped through traffic I was over an hour late to picking Adrienne up, a meeting had taken longer than I had expected and now I was extremely late to picking my wife up.

I walked upstairs opening the bedroom door I noticed the sour look on my wife's face as she was beginning to take off his jewellery.

"I'm sorry, I'm late" I walked into the room closing the door behind me.

"Mhm." I watched as she glared at me through the mirror.

"Baby... I'm sorry we can still make it to dinner." I walked up toward her bending down to be closer to her level.

"I'm not hungry anymore." She spoke angrily as she unclasped her necklace, I sighed grabbing her hand.

"I'm really sorry baby, we can leave now I promise I can make it up to you" I placed a kiss on her hands.

"You're over an hour late..." she paused "You're late for my birthday dinner, that you asked me to go to!" I watched as a tear slid down her cheek.

"I know baby, I know and I'm sorry." I wiped the tear away.

"Let's go to dinner, and I'll make it up to you?" She sighed, as if she was thinking over her options.

"Can we take my car?" She asked with a small smile, I nodded chuckling.

"Yes you can, I can drive it back from dinner if you want to have some wine too" I suggested planting a kiss on her lips.

--*--*

This is not edited!!!
Hope you enjoyed it thank you for 8.7k!!!!

Love you all, my darlings xx

Mwah