O2 | oh captain, my captain

THE BELL RANG

THE BELL RANG. It was more like a fire alarm than a school one, considering how annoying it was. As if it's torturing our ears if we don't get to class on time. My feet brought me to my desk as I gathered the insanely thick textbooks. The boys were still there but they were none of my concern. If they wanted to stand there like idiots, sure this is a free country, but I wasn't going to join them.

I was at the door when Neil gasped, it was a loud, obvious and dramatic gasp. Sometimes by the way he acts, I would think he'd be an amazing actor. "Oh, we're gonna have a study group, tonight. You can join if you'd like." He invited with a convincing smile, but not enough to convince me to be apart of it.

"I'll see my schedule." I replied, holding the door open with my foot. Which was totally me declining. Seeing these boys, they looked like they'd spend 90% of the time talking about nonsense. Although don't get me wrong, Neil's a clever boy, it's his friends that say otherwise.

As I walked out, I heard one of them say, assuming it was the Dalton boy, "Damn it Neil, it's supposed to be an 'us' thing. What's her speciality? Nail painting? Hair styling?" I didn't quite catch the last few words as I was getting further from my room but I guess it was nothing good.

I really can't last a day without fan behavior, can I?

I strutted to the flight of stairs, which was now cramped with boys, from all years. It was hell to walk in it. Being a girl in an all boys school, cramped up in the stairs was the worst thing to experience. People were shoving each other around, from all directions. Thankfully enough that it was packed, or not I'll be sliding down the stairs. I feel a hand or two attempting to grab my ass, which, in reflex, I swatted away.

A teacher was coming in the opposite way, holding onto the railing with absolute pressure. The boys barely cared about the elder man trying to climb up, seeing how they were busy chatting with each other. "Slow down, boys!" He yelled. "Slow down, you horrible phalanx of pubescence!" A snort escaped, one that I was unconscious of. My hand shot to my mouth at the realization of it, attempting to conceal the embarrassment.

First period was chemistry, not a subject I was fond of but it was tolerable enough. I guess I was more of a language and reading person than a logical, experimental one. Science and Mathematics was all about obeying the rules, following the sequence of steps, one wrong move and the result will come out as unsatisfying.