Chapter 10

5:00 AM. Or so you thought it was when you woke up. For some reason, you couldn't sleep past that time today. 

'Huh... Where am I again..?'

You tried to set a foot down  on the floor, but you forgot you had put the bed way high up. And so you hit the ground before you even realized that you had forgotten something. Well, that was normal for you. Your brain was kinda slow to realize and notice things, often resulting with getting you into some kind of danger. Luckily for you, this one wasn't too much of a worry. Except for the fact that you just hit your head on the floor (again).

"Ow...."

'Oh. Right. I'm not home yet.'

You straightened up your hair and yawned.

"Y/n-chan?"

'Hm? Unohana's here...'

"Yeah?"

Unohana opened the door and stepped in.

"How did you know I was awake?"

"Ah, it's a simple thing, actually. A person's reiatsu is different when they're awake and asleep."

'Man... The thing about reiatsu again? I don't get what the actual uses are for that thing..'

"Really?? Can you teach me? Please??" You begged.

Unohana shook her head and chuckled.

"Not yet, Y/n-chan. We'll have to determine if you're a shinigami first."

'Oh yeah.. I forgot about that.'

"Talking about that, did the test results come in yet?"

She turned around and smiled.

"Kurotsuchi-taicho finished with his experiment. Yes, they are done, but we will wait until the next captains' meeting. He will present the results then."

"Okay," You nodded.

"I hope I am a shinigami!" You spoke enthusiastically. 

Unohana stopped smiling suddenly and turned away from you.

"You better hope so, Y/n-chan, because if you aren't one... certain things are going to happen. Especially if you are one of them." 

This sudden change in the atmosphere  made it uncomfortable.

Her words scared you, even if you didn't understand what she really meant.

You were dead silent, thoughts swirling around in your head while you silently prayed.

"Unohana-taicho... W-what do you mean by 'certain things'...?" 

You could feel your own voice trembling, which wasn't something you usually did.

"Y/n..."

Unohana made a slight pause.

"Let's not mention that, okay? I don't want to traumatize a young mind like yours.."

That scared you worse. But you had to know now.

"N-no.. please tell me... I'll be able to handle it..!"

Even though your brain was screaming at you to stop asking, you still wanted the details. You knew you shouldn't, but you couldn't help it.

"Y/n-chan. I already told you no. Please do not ask of that ever again," the captain spoke sternly.

'Okay... Maybe I shouldn't know this stuff anyway...'