𝟭

𝟎𝟏  𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓬 𝓰𝓲𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓼

๋࣭ ⋆₊⁺⭑🌱⋆。°🌿₊˚ ⁺₊⋆♡

𝓐𝓵𝓵 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 quiet down in the forensic science lab of the FBI. The gentle hums of the machines and the radiator buzzing inside the room.

The rooms occupants spinning around in their chairs to the song playing in the background. One of the room's occupant's Kirby Valentine, tapping her foot against the floor to the rhythme of the melody and the other Ximena Hernandez being about five seconds away from plunging her tweezers into Kirby's eyes.

Ah yes, Kirby Valentine. What an unusal woman to say to least. The honey blonde girl adored dead bodies. Scatch that, she loved working with dead bodies and finding the cause of people's death whether it be poison or disease. From outward apperances, no one would ever suspect Kirby Valentine to be an FBI agent, with the the way her soft, honey coloured locks would be curled at the ends and the neatly tied back in a hair bow (often decorated with bees). Her 5'5 frame often covered with sweater vests or jumpers with animal printed on the front of them bar from her favourite Doctor Who t-shirt paired with a navy cardigan. It wasn't just the way she dressed which made her unusal but rather her personality as well. From her obsessions with Doctor Who and classic English literature, it was like the girl could never stop talking.

Besides, the sugar and caffeine Spencer Reid often gave her, only made the hyperfixations and  her bubbly personality ten times worse. Not that he ever minded, he too needed someone to 'geek' out to every once in a while. Three hours. Three hours, the forensic girls had been sat in their office waiting for their Unit Chief to approve the request for the dead body sitting on ice outside the building.

Kirby was beginning to get restless. Which was often a common thing when the forensic girl's were working together but it lead to Kirby being 'more annoying than usual' in Ximena's words. Ximena was slowly loosing her patients with her British counterpart as Kirby had now, somehow found a laser pointer.

''Kirbs, you point that laser at me one more fucking time I swear on satan, i'm going to...'' Xiema's scolding was cut off but a light knock against their door, ''oh, I wonder who it is. Come on in.'' ''yeah it's not like we're busy anyway.'' Ximena's dull tone compared against Kirby's tender, sweet one.

The door pulled back to reveal the BAU's beloved boy genius, Spencer Reid balancing coffee's in one hand and a small, brown paper bag in the other, ''Hotch apologises for the request taking so long, he knows working with dead bodies can be quite difficult, time wise.'' He says placing the coffee's on the table closest to him.

''Oh, so he sends you with coffee's to make it all better. Tell him, that if he doesn't want the outside of the BAU smelling like a gone-off animal, then he should hurry up and approve my request.''

''Actually, he didn't send for coffee's I did. I thought you two would need something to help keep your energy up while you waited.''

''Thank you so much Spence.'' Kirby moved to hug his torso.

Ximena sighed, pushing her chair against the floor. Wheeling herself to the black coffee which awaited for her, ''you know Reid, tell Hotch if he wants my forgiveness then he can get me a bottle of red wine to make up for the time I could be spending at home but now I have to spend here looking through a dead body.'' Kirby quickly spun to stare at her co-worker, her honey locks turning with her, ''Xixi, that's not nice. You can't blackmail our boss to buy you wine, he can't help that the paperwork is going so slow.''

The Argentinian woman offered a harsh glare to the bubbly woman, her tolerance levels were at an all time low. Spencer watched as Ximena's eyes darkened to the murderous glare she often had when she couldn't get her way.

''Anyway, Kirby I picked up your favourite. A vanilla latte with extra foam and extra vanilla and an oatmeal and raisin cookie.'' Kirby's face lit up with joy as the brunette male told her the news. To say Kirby almost pounced on the man is an understatement, ''thank you, thank you, thank you. I can't believe you got my favourite. I love you so much.'' Kirby's british was more prominent than ever when she got excited. It was one of the many things Spencer Reid adored about her.

''Oh also Kirby, Hotch wanted to speak with you about something. He said it was urgent.'' Spencer watched as Kirby bounded out the door, ''Kirbs, tell Hotch to hurry up and approve my request when you see him and that he owes me a bottle of red wine as an apology.'' Ximena belowed observing Spencer run after her bubbly co-worker to ensure she didn't get lost, ''ahh, there they go. The future Mrs and Mr Reid.'' 

๋࣭ ⋆₊⁺⭑🌱⋆。°🌿₊˚ ⁺₊⋆♡

Kirby's vibrant personality immediately stood out in a room of suited FBI agents, a panting Spencer trailing behind her, ''hey pretty girl, how's my favourite scientist doing today?'' Derek chuckled upon noticing the fluroscent woman.

''I'm doing great thank you Der, though I think Xi might be ready to punch a hole in the wall. How are you doing?'' Kirby questioned, darting for the stairs.

''I can't complain pretty girl, I can't complain. What happened to you pretty boy?'' He laughed noticing Spencer bent over with his hands on his knees, ''she is the hardest person to keep up with, she has so much energy. I think I might have a heart attack.'' Spencer reaches to check the pulse on his neck.

''Hello, agent Hotchner? You wanted to see me.''

''Take a seat.'' You'd think after working with the man for 10 years, Kirby would be used to his montonous tone and cold eyes. But she wasn't and he still scared her as much as he did when she started.

''You won't be long. As you are aware we have a few casualties out in the field both agents and victims, so both myself and the rest of the team were wondering if you would like to work part-time as a medic out in the field for us? Now you don't have to do it but...''

''I'll do it, as long as I still get to do forensic science as well.''

''Yes you can.''

''Then I'm on board, it'll be a pleasure to be working with the team again. I should probably tell Ximena.''

''It best you should, I have been trying to phone down for her and tell her that the request went through two hours ago.''

''Two hours ag... ohhh, she's accidentally unplugged the phone from the line again. And to think she was going to try and bargain a bottle of red wine out of you for putting the request in late.'' Kirby chuckled to herself.

''I'm sorry, she was going to what?''