7. A tale about prince and a female knight (Bucky Barnes)

Apparently I have a thing with putting Bucky in alternate universes. I have no idea why.

So, fantasy/royal AU: Bucky is the next in line to become the king of a big kingdom, while Y/N is a female knight. She is mostly undervalued because she's a woman, but she is one of the best knights in all the kingdoms.

~Y/N's POV~

I was in the stables, taking care of my favourite horse, Thunder, my sword loosely at my side. Her black body and blue manes were beautiful as always. hen the prince walked in. I bowed for him.

"What brings you to the stables, Your Majesty?" I asked.

"My father told me I had to train a bit, to know how to defend my kingdom. I was thinking who could train me and you were the first I thought about. Another knight told me I might find you here", he explained.

"Do you have a weapon you prefer to be trained with?"

"I actually have no idea... I guess a sword is fine..."

"Of course. I'll take you to a quiet spot in the forest, so we don't bother the king or other people. I'll get your horse ready."

"No, it's alright, I'll do it myself."

He saddled the horse and got on. Thunder is used to riding without a saddle or other things, so I didn't.

I led the prince to the spot I had in mind. It was big enough to train, but not too big. It was surrounded by trees and where there were none, there were flowers, except for the path we took to arrive.

"This is a beautiful place", the prince said when we got off our horses. "How did you find it?"

"I stumbled on it when I was out patrolling. I fell in love the second I saw it. It stays beautiful, even in winter, since the flowers are magical and stay the same for eternity. They don't die, but don't grow either."

"That's amazing..."

I gave the prince one of my less special swords, while I took my favorite one for myself. Its resemblance with Thunder was obvious. A black grip, with a blue, star shaped gem in the pommel and a slightly curved blade. The prince's eyes widened when he saw it. "That's the Black Blade! Legends say it can kill anything in any realm, yet it does have its own will, choosing its master carefully."

I smiled. "I can see you know your realm's history well. It is indeed the Black Blade. It chose me as it's master. When I die it'll dissapear until it has found a new master."

"You just keep surprising me, Y/N..."

"We should start your training now, if we want to get home before dark."

He nodded and held his sword infront of him, in some kind of fighting stance. I chuckled and walked behind him. I used my hands to correct his stance. "This way you can change to an attack, but you can also defend."

I stood back in front of him, standing in a simular stance. "Try to get me to the edge of the open place."

He tried to do some attacks, some good aimed, but I could easily block them.

After the 5 times I had driven him to the edge, he finally managed a few good blows, getting me to the edge.

"You're getting the hang of it! Let's─", I interrupted myself when I heard a sound. Not from a small animal. I glanced at the horses, who were also panicking. "Your Majesty, take Thunder. Something is coming."

"I'm not leaving you."

"I wasn't asking", I hissed as I gave him a stern look. 

Before the prince could reach the horses, a dragon landed on his path. He drew his sword, but I saw the dragon was preparing to use its fire to attack. I reacted quickly and pushed the prince to the floor, away from the fire. I got up again and drew the Black Blade.

"Go. Don't worry about me."

The dragon's claw aimed for me, but I used my sword to stop the blow.

I knew prince Bucky was still behind me, not moving a bit.

"NOW!"

I finally heard footsteps, indicating he was finally getting away. The dragon pulled its claw back and tried to use its tail to knock me off my feet. I only had a few seconds to calculate, but I knew where to aim. My sword landed exactly between two plates on its tail and cut the part off.

This made the dragon even angrier. It turned its head and tried to catch me between its teeth. I was about to aim at its eyes, when it growled animalisticly and fell to its side. I frowned and saw prince Bucky used one of my more powerful swords to stab the dragon between the chestplates, impaling its hearth.

"Told you I wasn't leaving you."

"You could've died! The kingdom could've lost its future king!"

"I'm okay! And without me you would've been in there", he said, gesturing to the dragon.

I sighed. "That's true... Thank you", I finally said, with a half smile. Then my eyes fell on the sword he used. "Wait... That's the White Blade! The Black Blade's opposite! It hasn't been seen in years!"

"Really? It was just in your bag. I guess it chose me as its master..."

"We should get back to the palace. We don't want the king to worry about us."

We got back on our horses and when we arrived back at the castle, the king and queen were waiting for us at the gates. Prince Bucky's mother ran to him and hugged him. "We were so worried! We heard the dragon and we thought he got one of you!"

I kneeled in front of the king. "There was a dragon in the forest. It almost got the prince. I'm sorry. I never should've taken the prince there. It's all my fault."

"Stand up", the king ordered, which I did. "It was not your fault. You didn't know there was a dragon out there. You also defended my son well, since he came home unharmed. I suppose the dragon is dead?"

"It is. Prince Bucky killed it. With... the White Blade."

As I said the words, the prince showed his father the blade. The king's eyes widen.

"The Light Blade... My son was chosen?"

"He was. The sword has chosen its master."

This was one of my better ones, no?

I'm thinking of making a part two, but I'm not sure. Let me know what you want!