Papa's Transfer

There was a girl named Piku who used to stay in Bangalore. She used to love her house and the locality.

Her day started with waking up at 6am, getting ready, having some breakfast and then leaving for her school. Piku used to enjoy going to school as she had many friends there with whom she used to play and do all her school activities.

Once school was over, her mom used to pick her up. After reaching home and having her lunch, she used to play with her society friends. She had Nivi and Radhika as her best friends, they even used to go to dance classes together in the evening. After her classes she would complete her snack time and then finish her homework. Post that she would have dinner with her parents and did lot of fun activities and listen to stories from them. After all day of fun and exhaustion, she used to sleep peacefully and wait for the next day. She loved her routine, family and friends.

One day, her Papa (dad) received a transfer notice from his company stating him to move from Bangalore to Gurugram. When Piku heard about it, she was extremely sad, as it was difficult for her to leave everything. She had tears every time thinking about not living in this beautiful house, playing with her best friends in society and missing all her school friends and teachers. Her parents tried to explain to her, but they were also in loss of words. They knew that everything would be fine once they moved, but it was difficult to explain to Piku.

Finally, the day came when Piku moved to Gurugram. Her dad was already there as they had shifted all their house stuff a week prior from Bangalore. Piku did not like the Gurugram weather as it was very hot and humid in September. She also did not like her new house as everything was scattered. She started crying as she wanted to go back to Bangalore. Seeing her daughter in this condition, Piku's mom asked her to arrange her room the way she liked. Her mom suggested decorating the room by painting the walls, pasting stickers. Piku started arranging her room and she loved doing that. Once her room was arranged, she also helped her parents in decorating the new house.

Piku was nervous about joining a new school. Soon the day came when she had to board a bus for new school. In Bangalore, she was used to going to school with her parents, but here she was a little scared. The new society of Gurugram where Piku and her family shifted was huge, therefore many of her society kids were boarding the same bus. She noticed that many girls were talking to each other while boarding the bus and when they noticed Piku they thought of introducing themselves. While going to school, Piku befriended them. She told all about her Bangalore home, her society, school and friends. She didn't realise that she had reached school. Two of the girls were also Piku's classmates. Knowing this, she felt very happy and relaxed.

In school, Piku introduced herself to her class and she felt very comfortable. It was like old school but with many new faces. Piku also joined the dance class and karate class in her society and she made many new friends. Piku's life was back on track. She started loving her new home and especially her room, as she decorated herself with her favourite cartoon characters and favourite wall colours. She was enjoying Gurugram winters with her new friends in society and school.

Piku realized that she now has more number of friends and so many newer things to do. She started writing letters to her old friends, as now she had so much more to talk about and share! Piku was now ready if she ever had to relocate again!! She understood that it might be a little challenging to move to a new place, but over time, if we look forward to it positively, we learn more, we earn more experiences and gain many more friends. As the saying goes "The more the merrier!"