3

(dude in the cover art is shade btw. Also all art in here is by me cacaaaw😼🇺🇸‼️😍)

The paths we're taking begin to slowly become more familiar to me. pipe after pipe the grass becomes greener and all sorts of beautiful plants grow everywhere along the walls and ground. Tall purple trees with colorful leaves tower over the pathways, their branches twisting over one another. We climb over their large roots and as we pass the next pipe...

There's the outer expanse gate

"Yes!" Survivor cheers and does a little happy dance. Nightcat dances along and maggie is just focused on the view.

"Let's go. We've to make sure monk and the kids are alright." I say and step inside the gate, waiting as the others climb in after me.

At this point it's almost as if every care in survivor's mind is gone as he runs out into the open fields as soon as the gate opens. I simply watch him jump around with Nightcat and Maggie. I like seeing them happy and enjoying themselves. The breeze becomes soft and makes the cold air even more discomforting.

I walk towards them as they play in the tall grass. Dark clouds begin to surround the sky.

Luckily survivor notices too, making me relieved because now i don't have to say anything to ruin the mood.

We start walking back to the tree and once we arrive, all the children are cuddled up to eachother, the oldest counting a small amount of blue fruits. Something immediately seems off. Rain begins to sprinkle and become harsher by the second as we enter inside.

As soon as the oldest (zach) notices us he immediately sprints to us in a panic.
"Survivor," He cries "survivor!"

"Woah, woah, calm down! What's the deal? Where's Monk?" Survivor asks, calming him down and taking him into a hug. Zach pulls away from the hug and tells him everything.

Survivor sighs. "And this was only a cycle ago?-" "two." Zach answers before survivor could finish.

Frustration washes over me and i sit down, taking my face into my hands "fucking hell! We just got back and now he have to go look for your brother?! Seriously??" I shout in anger. Survivor simply looks at me with a frown. Nightcat runs off to play with the others.

"i'll go after Monk."

I look at Survivor as if what he just said was absolutely crazy. "Are you out of your mind?! You are not going alone," I command. "I'm coming with you. The trip is gonna be fast and easy and once we're done we finally won't have to worry about going back and forth over and over again."

Survivor nods and looks behind him at the rain. I hear him sigh and a part of me feels bad for him. A moment ago he was jumping around with excitement to finally be able to settle down- and now he's just under pressure again. I walk over to him and give him a comforting hug. He immediately returns it and it lasts for a couple of moments. The hug was warm and even though it was to comfort him, it comforted me as well.

"I want to come." Maggie states nonchalantly. "But maggie..." Survivor begins. "-i wanna meet uncle monk! I've never gotten to talk to him and he sounds cool! Plus I'm older now."

Survivor raises an eyebrow as she refers to Monk as her 'uncle'. He looks over to me with a look that says "should we let her?"

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Fine," I answer and pat maggie on the head. "But you're too big for piggy back rides."

She nods, satisfied with my approval and goes to play with her new siblings. She introduces herself to them and zach turns to me. "Who's that?" He asks, gesturing towards Maggie.

"My daughter."