𝐀 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍

"Have you no memories?"
I am made of memories.
"Then speak."
——— Madeline Miller, The Song of Achilles

Andromeda had willingly placed herself at the forefront of a prophecy that had been long since foretold; vaguely knowing of the consequences that would follow but the sense of protecting those she cared for took precedents. The looming of constant wars had stained her ledger with blood--countless lives had been claimed by her hands, their bones decorating the ground as she plowed through the battlefield, their names vanishing with the wind, forgotten and buried with their weapons, their screams of fear and agony died upon their lips. A merciless enigma as everything beautiful died in her wake.

Her hope for the gods vanished as she found that she was an outsider to the Greek Pantheon; but still she held fast. Clinging onto the whispered promises by her father that she would be a bridge if not far in the future that she would unite both camps, but she was not aware of what her father had meant. Her father, no matter how awkward he had seemed, had her best interests at heart. No matter how harsh he had been, which was in contrast to her other godly aunts, uncles and cousins. She recalls a singular moment of seeing her father's Greek counterpart. He had given her acknowledgement and she had stood up straighter at that singular action. Her father had acknowledged her.

Andromeda feared death--the unknown of what would occur echoed in the confines of her mind despite the revelation of her early death. She had been accustomed to it; for she had brought hundreds to their early grave, but she feared her own death. For what would it feel like? Then she was no more, for she died. Gone. Scattered in the wind as her father mourned. Her family and her friends. Only her legacy remained--a legacy of an imposing reputation and house of memories. Her death had been slow and painful; merciless. How could a reputable figure such as she die? But she had understood the sacrifices that had to be made; to delay the rising of her Grandfather and pave the way for the true hero of Olympus--one Perseus Jackson. But she mourned for what could have been; she mourned to watch her brother grow, to teach him the ways of a demigod. To help ease his burdens, to pave the way of a hero he was always meant to be. To find her way to the Camp she should have been taken to in the beginning rather than be placed in the camp she so dearly loved as if it were an experiment. She rotted in the Underworld, succumbing to the atrocities she faced in her Elysium, but she understood that this was her retribution for claiming the lives of her kin. She had no qualms to face the incurred wrath of the Fates; she had simply been a pawn and she had made her bed and had to lie in it.

Somewhere, the Poet of History noticed the Thread of Fate that had been severed wove itself back together again.

ALTERNATIVELY . . .

A demigod who died over a decade prior inevitably caves after the gods ask for help as her thread of fate inexplicably weaves itself back together; she finds herself entangled in a prophecy as the world roars in anger, looming on the horizon as she prepares to incur her fury onto humankind.

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞

okay so if you noticed that almost all my chapters are gone, no you didn't lmao. anyways this is due to the fact that my writing style has changed immensely which means that andromeda has also changes--i view her as bitter, sarcastic, mature, broken, a POS, and emotionally stunted. there's going to be a couple of revisions of the plot since there are moments that make me go: "why did i include this in the first place." as you can clearly tell from the extended summary that andromeda is aware that she's a child of neptune, this reveal is going to happen later on as to how she found out, and yes, she is aware that there's a roman camp, but she never was able to find it because y'know, she died.

also! i'm going to be incorporating the whole concept of how the gods are cruel as well as some concepts of pjotv which i think are going to be interesting. and andromeda is going to have a semi-good relationship with neptune, because i mean, he is militaristic and warlike which also explains why andromeda is also ruthless in some aspects, and their interactions are going to be funny since he's also emotionally stunted so he's the type of person that awkwardly pats someone on the shoulder and go "uh, there there. sorrows, sorrows, prayers." and as you can all tell, that there's this whole thing about like the poet of history and threads of fate, this is due to two or three different fics that shaped the different writing style that i have acquired! which is going to be interesting!

this fic is going to have a nostalgic, sad poetic vibe--I'm giving andromeda the bittersweet vibe she deserves.

---𝐝𝐫𝐞