Six Point Cabin

You finally come to and find yourself on a bed and tied to a bedpost, which is unnerving. Your legs are secured by rope as well, so there ain't no sense in kicking. Your head still hurts from the wallop you received from that nasty O'Driscoll and when you try to move, a burning pain shoots up your left leg. Even so, you bear through the pain and try to get a good look around.

It is dark. Many hours have passed since you've been taken. There is a lantern in the corner of the room and while you wish for more lighting, you can tell you are in a small cabin. You ain't sure where the hell you are, but one thing's for certain: when you get back home, you will never come back to town again. Just be a hermit like you should have done. This is what you get for trying to 'do something.'

You hear voices coming from outside. You ain't sure whether to pretend to be asleep or not, but as the voices near, you only have a few seconds to decide.

After trying to situate yourself in a more comfortable position, you slump over and close your eyes.

And just in a nick of time, too, for the door swings open.

"I'm tellin' ya, check the posters! We could have a serious cashin' in!"

"You better not be lyin', or Colm's going to make ya wish you hadn't spoken about it!"

The door slams shut and from the back of your eyelids, there is a soft glow from new light. The footsteps approach you and you fight everything to remain still.

"You must've clobbered her good, she's still asleep!"

"I suppose I don't know me own strength!"

You hear a sharp pat. "Or she's just as soft as a daisy..."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

You hear laughter and pick out three voices. If you were free and had your wolf bone knife, you could take 'em. Even with the headache and injured leg.

"Let me show ya..." the tone in his voice makes you want to cringe. As the steps draw near you, you brace yourself. You feel grimy fingers take your chin and lift your head up. "Soft like a daisy."

You can feel the O'Driscoll coming close to you for a kiss. You could let him get away with it, but you swore you'd never let that happen, even on your own terms.

You open your eyes, move away sharply and bite his hand, growling like a wild animal.

"Ah, Sh—!!" He falls backward and tumbles to the floor.

Instead of coming to his aide, the other two men laugh loudly.

"Looks like (y/n) (l/n) still has some fight in 'er!"

Wait. (Y/n) (l/n)?

You look up at the remaining two. Your reaction was all they needed. They grin wickedly.

"See? What I tell ya? It's the one that got away!"

"You have never made a good hostage huh, (y/n)?"

Somehow you know the hidden meaning behind his words. But you know that ain't how it happened, but you also  know it doesn't matter to argue. These men know enough now. They know you have a bounty on your head.

"Turnin' her in will be plenty enough for now. But once we can get one of Dutch's Boys..."

Dutch's Boys...they don't mean...?

"I'd kill 'er if that weren't true..." the man with the injured hand finally rises from the floor. "But you're right, Duignan, that's her."

"How long have you been hiding out, huh?" The O'Driscoll called Duignan removes a crinkled bounty poster and shows the image to you. Sure enough, they got your stoic face just right and even managed to capture your favorite hat in the image. You regret ever wearing it to town. "Hopefully this bounty poster isn't expired."