"Bound by Blood"

Content warning: Depictions of abuse, graphic injuries, and partial nudity.

Life in the aftermath of the recent extermination had finally been looking up, for the residents of the Hazbin Hotel and beyond. No longer did Sinners have to live in fear of the Angelic legions, quickly becoming popular information these Raven-cloaked soldiers could be killed through means as simple as grabbing an Angelic/Blessed Weapon, fighting back against the inexperienced Angels. The flow of knowledge had shaken the foundation of the City to its very core, making way for a drastic shift in the political climate and vast swathes of territory open for the taking. The Vees took particular interest in this detail, quickly making work on a wide variety of assault plans to claim this territory for themselves and further spread their influence throughout the City.

The Hotel itself had probably endured the largest shift out of everything, being entirely destroyed in the aftermath of the Extermination by the hands of Adam's unexpected powers. But with his death, they both managed to protect the residents of the Hotel and the entirety of Hell from the Exorcists. At least most of them, with both Pentious and Dazzle having perished during the battle while defending this establishment. Both ironically by the hands of the ones in command of the Exterminations. But from the rubble of the Hotel, a collaborative effort between the residents and the King himself allowed for a grander building to be constructed where the previous one stood. A hotel meant to represent both Charlie's Dream and the return of the King to the public eye.

This time around, he didn't intend on letting his dream, their dream be crushed so easily. On the outside, everything had seemed perfect. But once that near-death euphoria faded, the situation found itself quickly regressing back to the situation it had been in prior to the Exterminations. There existed no genuine evidence the Hotel worked, with two of it's residents having been brutally murdered during their 6 month of redemption. The media only viewed it's owner as a badass for staving off the Exorcists, forcing them to retreat and murder their leader. They still lacked an effective method, or any method, of recruiting more Sinners for the Hotel. Despite his phrasing, Lucifer's presence didn't helped much.

Now, the only people showing up on their doorstep were News Reporters and various Sinners of high status, looking to either hear his thoughts on recent events or strike deals with him as a means of gaining power/territory/influence without earning it. In other words, they wanted to use him for their own benefit since his return, underestimating his capabilities. To say it enraged Lucifer was an understatement, to the point they began willingly driving off these Demons through passive aggressive methods. Depending on who's at the door, either Vaggie or Alastor would answer. And on the subject of the Fallen and the Overlord, tensions were anything but low between them in the aftermath of the Extermination.

Even greater so than the tensions between Alastor and Lucifer, she hadn't forgotten the fact he struck an unknown deal with her girlfriend and refused to elaborate on the specifics. With the last attempt at interrogative the answer out of him, he responded and quote 'it'll all be explained in good time, my dear' before quickly dismissing the Fallen Angel. This had been attempted several times, each ending with little success and a progressively more infuriated woman. Sometimes, she asked herself why not tell Lucifer about this. And at the same time, she remembered exactly what could happen if he'd ever find out about this. The Dreamer despised the Overlord, that's no big secret.

They had an entire argument in song form, mere minutes after meeting each other. But telling him that Alastor had been attempting to use his daughter for some unknown agenda, he might just flip a switch and outright murder him. It's not rocket science to understand the damage that might cause, for the inhabitants and the rest of Hell. The only benefits to be gained from his death would be Husk and Nifty finally getting relieved of duty, this mysterious deal between him and Charlie vanishing and Vox's ancient rival finally getting taken out of the picture. But maybe... no no, she's not about to associate herself with the Vees, potentially risking her own soul and more to those tyrannical freaks.