Chapter-2 Conditions & Alterations

"Given your persistent sarcasm, I need to be absolutely clear." The man in the doctor's uniform removed his glasses, sitting upright and confronting the indifferent boy before him, whose demeanor suggested he cared little for what was about to be said.

The man sighed, replacing his glasses. "You have one of the most severe cases of hypogonadism I've ever seen. Your testosterone levels are far beyond what could be attributed to a mere mental illness." In response, the boy simply yawned, displaying indifference to the potential health issues affecting his body.

"Not to mention the abnormal density of your bones, which could indicate either fragility or extraordinary toughness. And on top of that, your thought patterns are edging dangerously close to suicidal behavior."

"And?" The boy questioned, resting his head on his palm, displaying his nonchalant attitude.

"And the question remains, how are you even able to move?" The doctor finally expressed, "most patients would be confined to a hospital bed all day. Yet here you are, displaying the utmost nonchalance after finally bothering to seek medical help." The doctor's intention was evident: to highlight the boy's apparent disregard for his own well-being.

Yet, like previous attempts, Aaron simply shrugged off concerns. "Are we done here?" Aaron asked, rising from his chair to don his jacket. "Look, I'll write you a list of medications. Buy them and make sure to come back for another check-up-" The doctor couldn't continue speaking as the boy finally mustered a proper reply to the conversation.

"Have some decency, fuck's sake." Aaron's voice carried a sharp edge, causing the doctor to momentarily freeze. "Pardon?"

"Do you honestly believe I can afford any of this? Not to mention a laundry list of medications. I don't care if you are doing your job, read into someone's intention and state before you act like a saint and hand them a list of unaffordable needs." With a frustrated exhale, Aaron turned and walked out, slamming the door behind him.

Angrily marching with his hands shoved deep in his pockets, Aaron glared at the road filled with buzzing vehicles ahead of him. "Bone density... huh?" It wasn't his intention to be on the offensive with his words, but the boy had already utilized the last of his savings to book the appointment with the doctor. The prospect of being further drained of his already empty pockets ticked him off.

'The sole reason I booked the damn appointment is because I kept on passing out, only for the prick to tell me I was just hungry, then fuck me over with some new condition up my ass.' He sighed heavily, his gaze fixated on the sky above, vast in its stars over the night. 'I'm pretty much done for, not like an orphanage would take in someone my age. And I sure as hell can't find a job thanks to my supposed deed.'

His feet collided with something, sending it tumbling to the side. The sound of glass hitting metal, had indicated he knocked away some kind of glass bottle against the iron rails.

"Hmm?" Bending down, he realized he had dislodged a half-empty bottle of vodka. It lay there randomly in the street, free for anyone to pick up and claim.

"........"

"Fuck it."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

[Welcome]

A floating window greeted its readers, comprising numerous students and teachers engaged in transportation. Despite being organized into groups, each individual had their own window to peruse.

[As per result of the game, certain conditions set by tie of the match has been fulfilled, by either side.]

The window served as a reminder of the game Aaron had engaged in with the mysterious lady. A palpable sense of panic resonated through their hearts as they anticipated the consequences set by the match. They were aware of what lay ahead, all because of the boy's actions.