~chapter i-rotten to the core~

(Rotten to the core)

PIPER SMIRKED TOWARD THE ROOFTOPS, where Hazel was, ready to plan out anything that would go wrong. She grabbed a spray paint bottle and got in place.

Piper cleared her voice and with a wink to Chris, she started singing.

"They say I'm trouble, they say I'm bad," she finished the emblem of Aphrodite, her mother."They say I'm evil, that makes me glad." She leapt from the boxes, pushed past a couple of boys and walked off.

Chris watched as Piper walked off, secretly giving him the signal. "A dirty-no good, down to the bone," he walked down the rungs of the ladder. "Your worst nightmare, can't take me home."

Silena smiled. She walked through the tables of rotten food, "So I've got some mischief, in my blood, can you blame me?" She sang, "I never got no love."

"They think I'm callous," Leo stole a rag and an apple. The girl leapt up from where she was sitting. "A low-life hood. I feel so useless...

MISUNDERSTOOD!"

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who's the baddest, of them all?"

Hazel smiled from the rooftops. Silena and Piper were (she supposed) making their way through the alley. Chris had just passed by her, and Leo was making his way through one of the orphan homes that the king had put into place. Ugly.

"Welcome to my wicked world... wicked world!"

The crew found themselves at the gate to the market. Time to cause some trouble.

"I'm rotten to the core, core, rotten to the core,"

Hazel watched as they flung clothes aside and walked on top of laundry. And then—

"I'm rotten to the core, core, who could ask for more?'

Hazel flashed her eyes at the person who had dare throw a knife at her, but wait, that was no mere person.

"What do you want, Luke?"

"I'm nothing like the kid next, like the kid next door. I'm rotten to the core, rotten to the...

I'm rotten to the core."

"Why, can't I come check on my crew-mate's sister?" Luke drawled, leaning just so that she couldn't see her friends.

Hazel raised an eyebrow, fully prepared to curse him out.

"Fine, fine, I was going to ask you to consider joining us. You don't even do anything with the Core!"

She hesitated. That was true. For some reason, Piper didn't seem to want her near the show.

"I'll think about it."

Hazel ran to the next location.

                                                                            ⌞ ⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆ ⌝

Piper laughed. This was always refreshing to do. Especially since Hazel was a genius at planning events like this.

Bam, ba-ba-bam!

They ran through the alley, making as much satisfying noise as possible. But always keeping to the beat, bam ba-ba-bam!

                                                                             ⌞ ⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆ ⌝

"Call me a schemer, call me a freak, how can you say that? I'm just... unique!!"

Hazel leaned over the roof.

"What me a traitor? Ain't got your back? Are we not friends, what's up with that?" Chris stole a teapot. Hazel sighed. She had told him to steal something worthy, but did he listen?

"So, I'm a misfit, so I'm a flirt," Silena gave the guy an impressive smile, "I broke your heart, I made ya, hurt?"

"The past is past, forgive, forget. The truth is,

YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!"

Hazel made sure to keep an eye on her "friends" while churning over what Luke has said. The only reason she knows and the rest of the pirates is because of the fact that her brother, Nico, is a part of their crew.

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the baddest, of them all? Welcome to my wicked world, wicked world~~"

Hazel ran alongside them, flying on top of the roofs.

They brought all the other fellow aspiring criminals along into the dance number. Silena, Piper, Leo and Chris took centre stage. Hazel muttered under her breath, "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon."

"I'm rotten to the core, core, rotten to the core, I'm rotten to core, core, who could ask for more? I'm nothing like the kid next, like the kid next door. I'm rotten to the core, rotten to the,

I'm rotten to the core."