10

Amelia had been staying in her room for days, shutting herself off from the world and the rest of her family. Finn was the only one who noticed her withdrawal, and he soon told his older brothers about the girl's changed behavior. John, Arthur, and Thomas tried to get her to go out and join them, throwing parties and even starting fights to try and cheer her up, but nothing seemed to work. They were getting desperate for a solution and were worried about her state, afraid that she might do something drastic.

The girl sank further into her misery each day, not wanting to raise a child from her experience with Theodore, but perhaps it was her only chance to be a mother, something she had always desired. She was trapped inside her mind, unable to reconcile her conflicting thoughts and feelings, and felt lost and alone, not knowing how to find a solution. She was afraid of what might happen if she kept the child for her own desire, but she was also afraid of losing her chance to become a mother. Her confusion only grew and her depression worsened, and she didn't know what to do.

"C'mon, Amelia. It's Michael's birthday. Let's go to the Garrison for a few drinks and have a good time," John said, trying to convince his sister to come out.

"I don't feel like it. I don't want to see anybody." She just said, getting tangled in the sheets. Her brothers were on the other side of the door, but she could hear them sighing.

"You haven't seen us in days. We've been worried about you. This is your family, come with us." Arthur spoke this time, trying to open the door, but it was locked from the inside.

"I'll just ruin the mood, Arthur." Amelia sighed.

"Amelia, you're coming. You've been alone long enough. We're worried, don't you get it?"  John rested his forehead on the door as he spoke, his tone growing desperate.

"I know you are... But I don't want people to see me like this. It's embarrassing." Amelia answered from inside the room.

"It's not about that, you're being selfish." Arthur added.

"Please, Arthur, let me be." The girl sighed once more, closing her eyes.

"Don't be a twat, we're not taking no for an answer." John insisted.

"Will ya stop bothering me if I go with ya?" She asked.

"Yes. Yes, for fuck's sake, just come with us. We're not letting you be a miserable loner like this, especially not tonight." John said.

"Alright, if it'll make you happy, I'll come." Amelia spoke as she stood up from her bed, staggering back a little and holding onto her nightstand tightly so as not to fall. Fortunately her brothers didn't seem to notice.

"Good then, get dressed, we're going out in 10 minutes." John said.

"Fine. I'll get ready now."

"Better bloody do. We won't wait for you if you make us late, you hear?" Arthur spoke in a louder tone, knocking once on the door.

"Oh, sod off." Amelia got dressed and prepared to go out for the night, finally opening the door and going out to meet her family. She was well dressed and looking better, but she still showed signs of stress and worry on her face. She was feeling a little anxious now that she was going to come out of hiding, but she put on a brave and optimistic face and hoped that everything would be okay.

Arthur, Amelia and John were walking towards the Garrison, talking along the way. Arthur tried to lift her spirits and get her to open up about what had been bothering her, but she remained silent and did not want to share her feelings. John simply stayed silent and watched his sister, wondering what could be wrong with her and hoping for the best.