ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚

I threw the last of my clothes in my bag, then opened up one of the drawers in my dresser, where I had several daggers stored.

I picked out six blades —two small ones that I could easily conceal in the sides of most kinds of shoes, three medium sized ones that could be hidden in an arm sheath or thigh bandolier, and one larger one roughly the length of my forearm, making it practically a short sword.

I placed the daggers carefully on my bed, and began looking through one of the other drawers.

"What are these for?"

I turned around, immediately spotting Ivy, my twelve year old half-sister standing beside my bed, holding one of the small daggers. She was turning it slowly in her hands, causing the blade to flash majestically, reflecting the light shining in through the windows of the Demeter cabin.

"Oh, hey Ivy." I said, flashing a smile. "The daggers... they're for a quest."

"A quest?" Ivy gasped, bright brown eyes widening. "You get to go on a quest?"

"Yeah." I responded, biting back a sigh as I turned around and continued looking through my drawers. "You know my half-brother, Harry?"

"He's the wizard, right?" I heard Ivy ask. While none of the campers had met Harry, I'd told several of them about him, since he usually came up in the story about why I lived at camp.

"Yep. He's starting at this Wizard school today, and I have to go there to protect him."

"Protect him?" Ivy asked curiously. "From what? Wouldn't he be safe at a school? Or do wizards get hunted by monsters like us demigods?"

"Oh..." I trailed off, unsure what to say. I could tell her the truth, but I didn't want to worry her. Ever since she'd shown up at camp a year ago, I'd done my best to look after her. We definitely had a stronger sibling bond than me and Harry, despite me only recently learning about her existence recently.

I had a really good bond with all of my siblings in the Demeter cabin, even though a couple of them were a little wary of me. Usually, us children of Demeter were the most peaceful demigods. For some reason, I excelled in weapon skills much more than the rest of the cabin. I was really experienced fighting with both a sword and daggers, and I wasn't too bad at archery either.

That kind of freaked out one or two of my siblings, mostly due to the fact that Demeter was all about peace and nature and being vegan and all that bullshit.

Thanks to Demeter children being pretty weak, most of us chose to only come to camp during summer, since we were less likely to be detected by monsters. There were nine of us in total, but only me, Ivy and Katie Gardner were staying this year during the school year.

"Well, no, wizards and witches don't get hunted by monsters." I explained to Ivy. "But it's still dangerous for them, since there are a whole lot of dangerous creatures that exist in their society. And yes, Harry would be safe at the school, except there's... well, there's this prophecy about him, and it means he's not quite as safe as everyone else. So I'm going to the school to make sure he's okay."

"Ohhh." Turning around, I could see Ivy nodding slowly. "But... that means you won't be at camp?" The tone of disappointment in her voice made me want to hug the little girl.

"No, sorry." I shrugged. "But I'll probably be back before summer, you know my track record of getting kicked out of schools, don't you?"

Ivy let out a small laugh. "Yeah, I do. When do you leave?"

"In like twenty minutes, I think." I finally found what I was looking for, the sheaths attached to straps that I could use to attach my blades to my arms or legs.