Chapter 35.

"But trying doesn't hurt right?""It wouldn't hurt, until it's about doing something that might hurt

"It wouldn't hurt, until it's about doing something that might hurt."

Ignited. That was exactly how I felt. It was what Lith had done to me. She had lit up the parts kf me that I never knew ever existed. Unraveled something that, I realized now, had been humming beneath my skin for a long time.

Something yet to be discovered.

I plopped myeself on my bed as a smile spreads on lips. I stretched my arms before using the shower to freshen up. And went downstairs, granny stood there arranging some crockeries and plates.

I stagger closer to her and took a seat infront of her. She offered me a warm affectionate smile. "Where were you Dear since morning? Nor you came out of your room nor ate something." She worriedly caresses my shoulder as I slumped into her warmth.

"I–" And the worst part comes here I stuttered trying to think of some excuse. No matter how lame they sound but atleast it convinces her.

"It's okay. Just don't do it next time atleast have your food and then continue to kill your brushes and canvas." She tried to strictly warn me but is it possible.

I snorted at use of her word and she eyed me as I have grown two horns "Oh. Granny I paint, don't kill the brushes or canvas."

"Whatever you say." She mumbled before continuing "Master would be out for twenty-eight days for a buisness related work." She trailed off as I looked over her. "And he left." She whispers the last part ever so lightly that if I wouldn't be sitting here I wouldn't have heard it.

"He left." I repeated. "Without telling me?" Sadness griped me in its cold claws, it felt like a cold bucket of water was being poured over me.

Granny widens her eyes before placing her arms around my shoulder and pulling me into a motherly hug. "Not it's isn't that dear. It's just... it was urgent." She tried to reassure me but I tried to ignore that small pang of hurt in my chest and continued

"Maybe. You could take leave and use this time and visit your grand childrens." I suggested her with a smile.

She gasped with excitement but that soon died as a wave of worry flushed over her.

"But dear how could I leav–" I cutt her off

"Don't worry about me granny I ain't a child." I said while winking at her. Her lips stretched into a smile that radiated warmth and affection.

I got up from my seat and made my way to upstairs towards my room. "I don't have a appetite Granny." I muttered to her before departing to my room. While she eyed me with pity.

I shut the door of my room as I ran a hand rubbing my face. A deep breath left my throat and I slowly lied lazily on my bed. I wasn't lying when I said I didn't had appetite, maybe the drinks I had killed it.