• ᴏɴᴇ •

𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯

"Ms. Brooks and Ms. Miller can you two share with us what is so interesting on your phones?" Mrs. Rowan asks, tauntingly as the entire class's attention shifts to us.

In less than a second I shove my phone down and continue writing quietly. But apparently Liliana just had to answer.

"Well. Ms there's Insta, TikTok, Snapchat, WhatsApp, z—" she lists off as I hold back a smile. Mrs. Rowena cuts her off, telling Lily to stop while she rolls her eyes in annoyance.

"I don't get paid enough for this" the teacher mutters before continuing the lesson. A grin of victory spreads across Lily's face as our eyes meet.

"You just had to do that, didn't you?"

"Well she asked me" she shrugs, tugging back her curls and tied them in a low ponytail.

I hum in agreement, focusing my gaze back onto the board. Calculus is not my favourite subject and never will be. If you ever hear me saying I love Calculus, it's not me.

Mrs. Rowan paid no attention to the student who gasped loudly when she read something off her phone, quickly spreading the news to the boy next to her and soon, the entire class knew.

"Axel Everett has beaten up someone, the victim looks brutally injured." He winces.

"Honestly I'm not surprised" Tiffany rolls her eyes, her dyed blonde hair tipped with lilac colour. Attitude drips off her voice. Tiffany was you'd call the queen bee of our school. Instead of the cliché look, she usually wears black. We used to be best friends until she decided. 'Valerie doesn't deserve to be friends with me'

"Wait. How exactly does Tasha know?" Lily asks, referring to the first girl who got to know, as she leant over her desk slightly, snapping me out of it.

"She got a photo of him from her brother"

I glance at Lily who gazes back at me, her face in a teasing expression "Well, you're roomate's probably gonna be expelled"

Oh shit

——————————————

I screwed up.

My hair flies behind me as I quicken my sprint, running for my life as I hear Ms. Vill scream. The students that walked past me were a blur, my only focus on reaching my dorm in time. The spray can almost slips out of my hand when I zip past a girl.

O-k, pranking a teacher is going on my 'bad idea' list.

Especially a teacher like Ms. Vill

Every since the first day of school, which was last month, she had been sending me glares and called me out a lot at class. I don't even know why she dislikes me, I haven't done anything!

 Maybe because you accidentally spelt her name as Vile and the class laughed, last week?

Or maybe since you barely pay attention in her class?

Or maybe 'cause yo—

Okay! I get it, keep quiet.

After finally reaching my room, I slammed open the door and stepped in while letting out a sigh of relief. The scent of lavender filling my senses as I meet my bed and plop down. 

My heart beating erratically. I closed my eyes for a minute only to pull them open in surprise when a deep voice spoke.

"Skipping class again, Brooks?"

Annnd that's a wrap for the first chapter, I know it was short but don't worry. The second one will be extremely long- probably 1800 to 2000 words- I'll try to update more.

Add this to your library so you'll get a notification every time I update, for those who don't know how to, I'm here to help!

See that tiny orange button on the top right of your screen? Right next to the vote sign? Click on that and you'll find an option as 'add to library' and boom 💥 

Done.

Anyways hope you guys will stay with me, any opinions or grammar mistakes you can mention here :)

Buh bye!

~Brianna