Chapter 8.5: Skipping School

It took Chara a few minutes to calm down, but I really didn't mind. I was the first to speak after she calmed down. "So, do you think that maybe that corruption you talked about is why I've been having dreams like I have been?" I ask, getting a nod as an answer. That would make sense. Frisk didn't act much differently than I remember from before she went to the underground, and Chara most definitely didn't have it, so it must have gone somewhere. 

That was a problem for a different time, though. Right now, I wanted to do something to cheer Chara up.

I move quickly and pick her up, earning a startled "Eeep!" From her, which made me chuckle a bit. "Wh-What are you doing?" She asks, starting to blush a bit. Truthfully, I didn't put much thought into this, but I was doing it anyway. She didn't weigh much, despite being only an inch shorter than me. "Carrying you." I say, trying to keep a straight face and resisting the urge to tease her for being so flustered. It'd be payback for messing with me in class the past two days.

I walked over to the door but realized something as I walked up to it. I couldn't exactly open it as I was holding Chara with both hands. "Can you get the door?" I ask, looking down at Chara, who was trying to hide her face in my shoulder. She reached out and opened the door.

I walked out to the living room and placed her down on the couch. "W-was it really necessary to carry me?" Chara asks as I take a seat next to her. She was incredibly flustered still, but when I put her down, it calmed some. "Necessary? No, not really, but I wanted to." I say, turning the TV on. It was incredibly early in the morning, but I didn't feel like sleeping again, not after the incident, and Chara didn't sleep, as far as I knew. I picked out a movie, and Chara agreed to it.

*

We binged a few movies until it hit 10 am. I was beginning to feel the effects of not getting a full night's sleep, but I shrugged it off. Chara was back to normal, essentially, and she seemed like she had a weight lifted off her shoulders, which was good.

Truthfully, I didn't want to go far from her. I felt safe by her side. Like everything in the universe was right. It was hard to explain. Anyway, when the last movie ended, I stood up and stretched. I wanted to do one last thing for her. "I'm gonna head to the store real quick, I'll be back soon." I say, quickly throwing on a jacket and some shoes before heading out.

I wanted to get her some flowers, like the ones in the underground. There was a flowershop in town, so I decided to head there.

*

One short trip of buying flowers later, and I returned home, kicking my shoes off after I entered. Chara was still on the couch watching another movie, so I walked over and held out the flowers for her. They were the same flowers from the underground, a beautiful golden color. "I got these for you to pay you back for reliving the past by telling me about it and for helping me." I explain as she pauses the movie and sits up.

"You really didn't have to get me flowers..." She mumbles, taking them. I smile, sitting on the couch. "No, but I wanted to." I reply, pretty much parroting what I said earlier about carrying her. She disappears for a second before reappearing, without the flowers. "I put them in the vase in the kitchen. They are very nice." She replies, another slight blush on her face. I was starting to get curious why she got flustered so much whenever I did something today, but I decided not to question it.

We both turned our attention back to the movie and pretty much spent the rest of the day lazing about.

*

(Sorry for the short chapter, but I wanted to put a brief interlude between the heavier chapters since the last two were a bit darker. Also, canonicly, (y/n) has no knowledge of how a relationship works, so suspend your disbelief if you do. Hope you enjoyed, and feedback is always welcome!)