10. I met a boy.

Biology class is over. Some students are still in the classroom, among them Lucas, who's reviewing some notes. These last few days have been quite stressful for him. The exams and tests are quite difficult, so he's woken up earlier and gone to bed later, in order to have enough time to study all the topics.

Some boys from the physics club enter the classroom and approach his table. Lucas looks up and they start talking. They're inviting him to a small meeting in one of their room that'll take place this afternoon. Lucas agrees without thinking so much. Maybe spending some time with people will make his stress go down a little.

On the other hand, Alex is walking through the courtyard heading to a classroom on the other side of the boarding school. In the distance, sitting on the stairs, are Lindsey and her friends talking. Seeing him, Lindsey calls him and invites him to sit next to her to chat for a while.

L - Girls, he's Alex. I wanted you to meet him.
A - [takes a seat] Hey. Nice to meet you all.

The girls greet Alex and continue talking. Some of them start laughing quietly and whispering to each other as they see Lindsey and Alex together.

L - So, um.. [looks at Alex] How's Lucas?
A - Lucas?
L - Yeah, the friend of yours that you introduced me to the other day. That's his name, isn't it? [chuckles]
A -Ah, yes. Well, um.. I spent part of the night with him a few days ago.
L - Wait, what? [confused, looks at Alex] Did you-..?
A - N-No, no. I mean, we went for a walk and then we went to a meeting of the phyisics club.
L - Ohh, I see.. [giggles] I thought you had... you know.
A - Yeah, I know what you mean. [scoffs] But we're just friends.
L - Mm-hmm.

They both stay silent until one of Lindsey's friends, Grace, reminds her they have to go to their next class.

G - Lindsey, we gotta go. Class is starting now.
L - Yeah. I'm coming.

She gets up and says goodbye to Alex. Together with her friends they go their own way, while Alex continues on his way. As the girls walk, they joke that Alex likes Lindsey, which really makes Lindsey laugh.

J - Will he be your new boyfriend? He's attractive.

Joanne says, looking at Lindsey with a mischievous look.

L - No! [laughs] He's my friend.
J - For now.

They all laugh.

Lucas:
I know I already accepted but I could miss it, right? Probably no one will notice my absence. I really don't know if it's a good idea to go. Surely everyone already knows each other there and I'll be the weirdo that no one knows. But, mmh... tomorrow I have a chemistry exam and I really have doubts, doubts which maybe I can clarify in the meeting.

After thinking about it for about half an hour, he finally decides to venture out and go. He takes his backpack and heads to the room they indicated. Knock on the door and wait for someone to open it.

R - Lucas, you came!

Ryan says, seeming pretty excited to see him.

R - Come in buddy, make yourself at home.

Lucas walks in and everything seems pretty normal. They're chatting, playing board games, others studying. It's a slightly uncomfortable environment for Lucas but he will try to adapt.

He takes a seat next to those who're studying and quickly integrates. They offer him a glass of soda and he takes it without problem. He manages to clear up some of his doubts about the exam, which makes him feel more relaxed.

The first hour is spent studying and helping others study. Then, he decides to join those who are playing the board games, an activity that seems to be quite enjoyable.