Chapter 2: Where is God?

As Samantha looked around she looked into the mirror at her fragile weak body. Her skin was a blueish-white color, her eyes white, and lips pale. She was still in the outfit she was wearing on the boat, rips and tears a bit covered the maid outfit she wore. Samantha moved her hair out her face to see her other eye was gone, she screamed with terror and two guards rushed in along with the woman before, they all looked at her in terror as they looked at her eye. "WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME, WHERE AM I, ANSWER ME GOD DAMN IT ANSWER ME!!!" Samantha screamed, the rage and terror in her voice echoed throughout the big room, the woman ended up making the guards leave making her and Samantha the only ones in the room. "Samantha, Darling, I can't image what you must be feeling right now. You are clearly confused and scared, so i'll be an ally in this new adventure." The woman said as she slowly approached Samantha with her hand out.

Samantha stared at the woman as she inched closer to her, this was nothing like the heaven she read about at church on Sundays. "Where is God? My lord and savior, where is he?" Samantha cried, the tears streamed down her face as she watched this woman who was a clear crossdresser approach her. "Oh Samantha, Poor young Samantha. There is no such God here, this is a Limbo for Second Chances. This is the Kingdom of Plarina, come walk with me." The woman took Samantha out of the room where she felt a change in her body, her eye was back, she didn't feel weak anymore and she was dressed in such beautiful clothing. "Samantha Harriton, 27 years old, Death by Drowning, You died April 17th 1826, Saving the Kings and Queens son, Nathan. These are things we collect in this kingdom, we know everything up until your death." The woman said as they walked to a room labeled rebirth, many people walked around filling applications, people she's never seen before, other people walking through portals returning papers.

"What is this place?" Samantha questioned the woman as she looked around the room, "Why this is the Rebirth.Inc, where souls who wish or deserve second chances can submit applications and request for how they wish to be born again." The woman smiled as she took Samantha straight to the front and turned in an application signed by God himself and co-signed by someone named Elane. Samantha turned to the woman and asked her why she lied about there not being a god here, the woman said "Cause the Kingdom of Plarina is ruled by an Angel named Elane, God is in Heaven and has requested her to submit this application for you." The woman said as she smiled at Samantha as the person reviewed the submitted papers. "Clarissa, are you sure she's ready? I mean everything has been done for her but maybe she should stay." The man said as he took off his glasses, Samantha felt her heart skip a beat and she stared at him in awe, he reminded her so much of a past lover she had. "The girl will leave a week from now, her room is set for the week." Clarissa said as she gave him a stern nod.

Samantha was led back to her room without Clarissa, she thought for a minute about everything. "I have only a week before I'm sent into this unknown place and time. That's not much time to research this place..." Samantha thought more and more before it was time to sleep for the night, she would find out how to use these things surrounding her room to help find a library and learn more about this trapped limbo she was in. A few hours after she got settled Clarissa knocked on her door, Samantha answered and decided to ask if this rebirth thing actually works. Clarissa confirmed that everything in here works in order and suggested she rest for tonight, which she obliged to as she was already exhausted enough. Clarissa then when to Elane to report the daily whereabouts of the imposters, she hated it but keeping up the act was crucial to the mission and her name had already been spilled. Clarissa decided it was time to take action.