Cinderella AU

Ok so i wrote this like a year ago so it is really bad and I barely skimmed it before publishing cuz  I'm lazy but I promise I will try to 1.)Improve this story with a better part  2 at some point and 2.) make better more improved one-shots after this. 

Sophie

"Bring, Bring" my alarm sounded. I slowly rolled over and turned it off. Ugh. Today was not going to be good. Well, my days usually weren't. I had to wake up at 5 am and get my morning chores done. Then school, job, evening chores, homework, bed. I changed into clean clothes and threw my hair into a ponytail. I started making the coffee that was almost as black as my stepmother's heart. No joke. I poured myself a cup and then started making breakfast. The fancy, buttery scones my stepmom and sisters had every morning for breakfast I could only imagine tasted 10 times better than the day-old bagels I got on a discount at the local bakery. The pot started steaming and I quickly took it out of the coffee-maker. One time I waited and glass shattered everywhere. (Guess who had to clean it.) I hurried into the dining room and had prepared plates for everyone by the time they came in. Then I got lost on the other side of the house before they could start tormenting me. So far, so good. Maybe things were looking up. Then the step-monster started yelling. So much for that.

"SOPHIE!!!!!" she trilled.

"Yes, ma'am?" I asked. (I wasn't mocking her, she made me call her that.)

"This should have been ready for us 30 minutes ago and now it is too hot!!" As if. She was rocking a full bed head and made it the way she always likes it. I sighed and walked over to her. Then I started to fan all of their cups, just the way they like me too. Then Stephanie started randomly yelling.

"She put her hand in my cup!!!"

"What?!" Acantha, my step mom said. She then proceeded to slap me and then said, "You must take these away and redo them now!!!"

I sighed and turned, where they couldn't see me roll my eyes. This happened at least once on a good day, although one time I didn't clean something I was supposed to, and they did 9 times in one day!! When I had remade their breakfast to their breakfast to their satisfaction, I headed out the door, to meet my cousin, who always picked me up on school mornings.

"So are you ready?" Dex asked.

"Who is ever ready for school?" I answered.

"I take it the steps were bad today?" He asked.

"Just the usual." I needed no embellishments or specific stories for Dex to understand. That is what I liked about Dex. He knew me better than everyone. However, it was getting harder and harder for us to hang out because he had started going out a ton with his new girlfriend, Biana. We then pulled into the school parking lot, shared a collective sigh, and grabbed our backpacks and headed inside.

Keefe

I woke up to my older sister, Ro, hitting me with a pillow repeatedly. "Wake up, wake up! We need to get to school. Don't start grumping at me, little bro. This is a hundred times better than waking up to good old Daddio." She was right. At least she wasn't constantly talking about how I needed to prepare for the future and show how I was thinking about it by getting the grades good enough for all the Ivy Leagues to be begging at my knees. (His words, not mine). Ro handed me my coffee, but at the last second pulled away and said, "Not until we are out of the house." I groaned and pulled on my carefully crafted outfit that was both casual and well put together. I styled The Hair, taking an extra half an hour to do so, and walked out of the house with my backpack slung over one shoulder.

When I hopped into Ro's Mercedes, I was handed the mug. I strode into school confident as always, high fiving the guys and winking at the girls. When I got toward the center of the school, Foxfire High, there was a big crowd surrounding a poster on the bulletin board. When I was able to get a closer look, I realized senior prom was coming up. Well, at least something interesting was happening at this place. Although, let's face it. Nothing will ever top the Great Gulon Incident that I of course, had nothing to do with. I had long since realized that it was a better idea not to go to these things with a date and go through the stress of asking people but instead to show up single. Not that people would say no to me of course, and I could totally pull off a promposal that would top Graham Lansings, but still this way I wasn't tied down to some girl who I had just asked at the last minute. I didn't really have a lot of crushes or people that I was interested in. Oh well, I needed to meet up with the group.