04 ― such a strange girl.

❝ you gonna hit me again, strawberry shortcake? ❞

you gonna hit me again, strawberry shortcake?

JULIANA STARED UP AT THE CEILING.

Her head was hanging off the edge of her bed as Aisha lay next to her doing the same. The two girls were having a girls day which mostly consisted of them talking and watching movies. While she loved spending time with Demetri and Eli, sometimes it was nice to have a friend to hang out with that was a girl. There were some things that—bless their hearts—Demetri and Eli didn't quite understand.

Aisha held her phone in her hands, sitting up suddenly. Juliana gave her a confused look, lifting her head and sitting upright on the bed. Aisha moved her phone so that it was in the middle, allowing Juliana to see her screen.

"What am I looking at?" Juliana asked, her eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"Remember how I was talking about taking karate lessons?" Aisha asked, receiving a nod from Juliana. "Well, I saw a Cobra Kai flyer and I've been checking out the website. There's an open session today."

"Cobra Kai?" Juliana asked. "Isn't that Miguel's dojo? From what I hear, his sensei is pretty tough. Are you sure you don't want to try looking somewhere else?"

Aisha shook her head. "Maybe tough is exactly what I need. I'm tired of being pushed around. I want to learn how to defend myself."

"Well, I'm not going to let you go alone," Juliana replied.

"You mean you're going to take karate with me?" Aisha asked, a smile on her face.

Juliana nodded her head. "I sure am. I mean, I always thought karate was pretty cool. So, why not?"

A huge grin appeared on Aisha's face. Juliana smiled back at her.

"This is going to be great!" Juliana beamed at her.

Aisha nodded her head and grabbed Juliana's hands. The two girls squealed in excitement before Aisha let go of her hands and checked the time on her phone.

"We better get going," Aisha said, standing up from the bed. "You think one of your parents could drive us?"

Juliana turned her body around and placed her feet on the floor. "My dad is the only one home right now, but I'm sure he'd have no problem taking us."

Aisha nodded her head and the two of them left the room and made their way downstairs.

"Juli, where are you two going in such a hurry?"

Juliana turned around, seeing her dad standing in the doorway of the kitchen. "Just the guy I was looking for."

He gave her a questioning look.

"Aisha and I want to try taking some karate lessons," Juliana explained. "We were wondering if you could drive us."

A wary look appeared on his face. "Karate?"