Memories

_Lightly edited_

In a secluded part of a quiet town stood a pizzeria named "Fredbear's Family Diner". Here, tucked away from the bustle of the city, unfolded the most memorable moments of the local community. Within the simple yet welcoming walls of the pizzeria stood two iconic figures: Spring Bonnie and Fredbear.

Spring Bonnie, with its cheerful yellow fur and wide grin, looked out over the full dining hall. Next to him stood Fredbear, with his warm, golden fur and friendly demeanor, a symbol of joy and entertainment for generations.

A little girl walked up to Spring Bonnie and asked : "When did you learn to play the guitar, Spring Bonnie?" "And why are your eyes green and not blue like Fredbear's?" asked the girl.

The girl continued with her questions, and finally, Spring Bonnie answered, 'For some, there are reasons, and for others, there are none.'But... asked the girl. 'Everyone is different, right?' asked Spring Bonnie. 'Um, that's correct,' said the girl."Fredbear and I are also different, but sometimes we also have the same interests," Spring Bonnie explained.

"I have one more question: What is Fredbear to you?" asked the girl."Fredbear is my best friend," answered Spring Bonnie."What kind of friend?" asked the girl."I guess just a friend," said Spring Bonnie.A voice echoed through the monitor: "Fredbear's Family Diner is closing. We kindly ask everyone to leave the pizzeria.""I have to go, bye Spring Bonnie,bye Fredbear" said the girl. She ran back to her parents.

The pizzeria slowly emptied. 

Fredbear stepped off the stage and walked around to check if there were still any children around."No more children," Fredbear said as he walked back to Spring Bonnie.

Spring Bonnie's POV:

 "Any plans, Spring?" Fredbear asked me.I responded briefly with a no and shook my head."Are you sure?" Fredbear asked with a strange grin. "No, Fredbear," I replied."Are you absolutely sure?" Fredbear asked, gently stroking my right ear. "Maybe," I replied with a smile.

"Hey, no romance here," Henry said."It was just a normal conversation," I quickly replied."Yeah, I really believe that," William said sarcastically."Go play with the animatronic parts Afton," Fredbear said irritably."No, not in the mood," William replied.I looked at Mr. Emily, and Mr. Emily looked back.I shrugged, and Henry smiled at me.

"Tomorrow, both of you will receive a very extensive system update," Henry  said.I looked at Fredbear, and Fredbear nervously looked away."What kind of system update exactly?" I asked."Just some maintenance," mumbled William."They have the right to know right?," Henry said irritably to William."You are going to explain it," said William. "What do you have today?" asked Henry. "No idea," William replied."Is the update safe?" Fredbear asked."Of course," Henry replied.

I didn't trust this, and apparently neither did Fredbear. Right now, I just wanted to play guitar for a few more minutes."Do we have a choice whether we want the update or not?" I asked."No," William replied shortly."I know you hate updates, Spring Bonnie, but I promise you everything will be fine," Fredbear reassured."Okay, fine," I said irritably.

I really don't want an update. Last time it went wrong, and I ended up having a fight with Fredbear. I'm still sorry about that. Since then, I don't trust it anymore.

The next day,

Spring Bonnie's POV

The soft hum of conversations filled the air as customers streamed in for their dose of pizza and fun. Fredbear and I stood ready on the stage, our familiar spot where we had made so many memories.

Fredbear and I didn't have a clear idea about the update we were getting this afternoon. What would change – eye color, interests? I pondered deeply. Fredbear nudged me. "Everything okay?" he asked."Yes, everything's fine," I lied.''Don't lie,'' Fredbear said."I'm sorry," I admitted. "I'm just feeling a bit anxious about the update.""No worries, William and Henry know what they're doing," Fredbear reassured me."Thanks, Fredbear," I said.

Fredbear's POV

The afternoon arrived. Spring seemed very nervous. He made a lot of mistakes, which I'm not used to; usually, I'm the one making the mistakes.I've known Spring all my life, so it's quite noticeable.But he seemed super nervous when the voice from that monitor said: "Fredbear's Family Diner is closing."Why is he acting so strange all the time?Does he hate updates that much?

William's POV

"Are you sure he's still functioning properly, Henry? We've mentioned his name 15 times now," I said irritably.I saw Spring Bonnie trying to push Fredbear, but he wasn't really succeeding; Spring Bonnie kept falling over himself.I saw Henry sigh, and then he said, "Don't worry, sometimes the systems are slow."Spring Bonnie did something strange; he grabbed a bucket of water and poured it over Fredbear's head. I can remember Henry once telling me that water and springlocks don't mix.

Fredbear's POV

I felt excruciating pain as if my endo was breaking into pieces. I didn't know what was happening; I only heard Henry's voice shouting at Spring Bonnie.I wanted to shout for help, but my system wasn't cooperating, and everything turned black?!Where is Spring? Why isn't anyone responding? Help! Please Spring, someone?

Henry's POV

"What on earth were you thinking?" I shouted angrily at Spring Bonnie."I don't know," said Spring Bonnie.I didn't know what I was thinking he said."I glanced from William to Spring Bonnie, and William avoided my eye contact." "And now?" I asked angrily.Spring Bonnie looked at the ground, and William walked away. I could see that Spring Bonnie was ashamed."I'm sorry," said Spring Bonnie. I remembered that Spring didn't like it when there was shouting. "Then let's update your system first," I replied.Spring Bonnie wanted to protest, I noticed that."I'm sorry, Spring Bonnie," I said."Spring Bonnie.exe, power off," I commanded."Spring Bonnie.exe powering off," Spring Bonnie replied."And now, let's find William," I said to myself.

I found William thankfully, but he was, however, looking through Spring Bonnie's blueprint. "Is Spring Bonnie's system already deactivated?" William asked suddenly. "How did you know I was here?" I asked, surprised. "Just knew," William replied."Spring Bonnie is already deactivated.But I'm not sure if Fredbear is still functioning normally," I replied."With Fredbear, it will be fine," William replied."Okay, that's great," I said."I'll update Spring Bonnie," I offered. "I'd like to handle Spring," replied William. "Alright, then I'll update Fredbear," I said.I grabbed Fredbear's blueprint and walked away.William had taken Spring Bonnie to the office so that I could repair Fredbear in peace.

After 45 minutes, I went to check on William, and surprisingly, he was almost done."Is there something wrong?" asked William, who glanced from the blueprint to Spring Bonnie's CPU, then looked at me."No, not really," I replied. "Then why are you here? to check if I'm doing something wrong?" said William.I noticed that the floor was covered in oil, and so was William. "I just wanted to see how far along you were," I said. "Am I being too slow again?" asked William. "No, you're further along than me," I said.How do you put the CPU back in?" asked William. "I showed William." "Can you hold this for a second" Asked William."Of course," I said. William handed me a small screwdriver. "Since when do we need this?" I asked. William replied, "That's for the wiring."

I handed the screwdriver back to William. "Finally, done," said William. "Is Fredbear ready yet?" William suddenly asked. "Uh, no, not yet," I answered. "Do you need help?" asked William. "No, it's fine," I said. "Then I'd hurry up if I were you," William said. "Okay, okay, I'm going," I said. I walked away again. "William is really weird," I muttered aloud. "I'm weird too," said William. "How did you hear that?" I asked. "You talk a little loudly," said William. I quickly walked back to Fredbear and continued with the installation of the update.

Ten minutes later...

Spring Bonnie's POV

My system rebooted, and everything was much brighter than before."And?" asked William. "What kind of update was it?" I asked. I was startled by my own voice."An extensive one," William replied to my question."Is Fredbear okay?" I asked."Henry is still working on Fredbear," said William."Shall we see how far he is?" I asked."Okay," said William

I stood up and walked to the door.

To be continued...