Chapter 5

Julius finally managed to find Tom again, in a dark room fixing a projector. He smiled; this he would enjoy, perhaps even more than killing Alex Rider.

"Tom," he called out, making the boy jump in surprise before turning to him.

"Oh, you scared me, Alex," Tom said, putting his hand over his heart, Yes, enjoy it while it's still beating.

"I'm fixing the projector for tonight's dance. You're coming? You should ask Aisha," Tom said, smiling at him in a teasing tone.

"I don't think Aisha likes me very much."

Tom looked at him in surprise, but Julius continued talking.

"I heard what happened to you. What Parker did with you."

Tom shook his head. "I don't want to talk about it."

Oh, so when you reversed the papers, the boy didn't want to talk. That was bold coming from someone who has been pestering me since he arrived.

"Were you scared?" Tom looked at him with betrayal in his eyes. "Did it hurt?"

"What are you doing?" Julius could see that Tom couldn't believe that his best friend was saying that to him.

"Did you cry? You cried, didn't you?" Julius smiled mockingly at the boy in front of him.

"Just because you've been through some messed up stuff doesn't give you the right to treat others like shit." Julius almost laughed at Tom's response, so full of anger.

"What is going on in here?" someone said, interrupting their talk. It was a teacher.

Julius watched as Tom packed his stuff with no care before leaving the room in worry. If he didn't cry then, he would cry now.

"Alex, I need this room empty," the man said to him, making his smile drop instantly. Regardless, he left the room; he had no more business there.

Once again, he found himself outside along with Aisha and a girl he never saw.

"Did you find someone your level to go to prom yet?" he couldn't help himself but say.

The girl didn't even manage to look at him before running off crying. He had a look of pure amusement on his face watching the girl breaking apart.

When she finally disappeared from his view, he noticed her little friend making her way toward Julius quite furiously.

He watched her as she approached him, curious about what she had to say. Apparently, she didn't have anything to say because she raised her hand prepared to slap Julius's face.

Of course, he wouldn't let her filthy hands touch his face. He grabbed her wrist before it could connect with his face.

"How dare you try to touch me," he said between his teeth, squeezing her wrist, making her gasp from the pain, her eyes already wet.

Unfortunately, he didn't have any time to put the girl in her place, so he let her go none too gently.

"Get out of here, before I regret it," he turned, leaving her behind, shocked and hurt.

He went in the direction of what was supposed to be his home before going to meet Jones. She already texted him the address, and upon checking, he realized that it was on the way.

Finally opening the door, he threw his bookbag on the ground, preparing to leave once again when he heard voices. More specifically, the pathetic whiny voice of Tom.

He entered the kitchen, deciding to check it out; he could amuse himself some more.

"Look who decided to arrive," Tom said without looking at him.