Chapter 01:

"Kamila Katherine"

"Present"

"Alex Meyer"

"Present"

The teacher continued with the attendance while students were busy amongst themselves.

"Hey did you hear about last night?"

"Yeah I did"

"I didn't, what was it about"

"Black Viper struck again, this time she almost killed the famous billionaire Mr. Louise, he was on the verge of death when they brought him to the hospital"

"Oh my god when will someone put an end to this person, she's really dangerous"

The girls gossiped about the well-known mafia queen, commonly known as 'Black Viper'. Black Viper was a dangerous mafia whose face, identity and even whereabouts were unknown, no one knew her real name or where she lived, and no one had ever looked at her face, rumor spread that a man had seen her face but by the time they reached his house for information he was found murdered. Each time the murder was done differently. Her tactics were unknown, everything about her sparked interest in all the journalists and reporters. The police couldn't do anything about her due to lack of evidence, if she ever were to be caught there wouldn't be enough evidence to put her in jail, the police searched day and night about her but found nothing, no clue, no hope.

"Tch. These girls have no idea that the man was a threat to society, I wish Black Viper would've killed him. I wonder why she always leaves the people on the verge of death and never really kills them, maybe their luck if they recover. . ." A boy said to himself sitting on his seat with his textbook open, listening to the conversations of everyone. Apparently everyone seemed to be talking about last night's incident, nothing else. Someone caught the corner eye of the boy, a quiet girl sitting alone delved into a novel sitting all by herself. "She always sits alone, I wonder if she ever gets bored. Maybe I should go talk to her, maybe we could become friends, or maybe even best friends forever" the boy said to himself as he stood up and began walking in the direction of the girl. The boy stopped mid track and began wondering, "What's her name though?" the boy wondered.

Wow, I'm going to be friends with her yet I don't know her name.

He walked towards the girl and sat beside her. She didn't notice him and kept on reading her book.

"Woah is that 'What Light' by Jay Asher??" the boy questioned and the girl looked up to him surprised, "You know about Jay Asher?" the girl asked. "Obviously I do, I've read all his books. . . I meant almost all of them, hehe" he chuckled and they both struck up a conversation.

Soon the bell went off and it was closing time.

"Well nice to meet you uh. . ." the girl paused blinking multiple times and the boy took it as a sign to introduce himself, "Alex, Alex Beckham". "Nice to meet you Alex Beckham, I'm Xyla Phoebe", "It's nice to meet you too Xyla, if I'm being honest your name is pretty unique" Alex complemented, Xyla chuckled slightly, "Thank you, well I have to go so, see you tomorrow?" Xyla said and she began walking with Alex beside her, "Of course". They said their goodbyes and went their way.

Nightfall. . .

And the rise of 'Black Viper'. . .

Who was that person?

Questions lingered in his mind.

"If I ever find out who she is I will definitely ask her to train me" a boy said sitting on his chair with a study lamp on and a map of the entire city on the table with a cup of coffee.

"But where will I find her?" He thought of looking at the alleys or the previous locations of attacks to figure out the next place but nothing happened. None of the locations had a connection to one another.

"She made her first appearance at St. Louis Street where she attacked a group of young bandits and stole their goods, that wasn't the attack that got her fame. Her second attack was at Sir Johnson Lwed's mansion where she stole the most expensive goods and disappeared into thin air. . . After that she started getting fame, only a little though" Alex analyzed. It was as if she did all those things just to get fame and be known throughout the city, maybe that was her goal. . . or maybe it was something else. I'll definitely figure it out.

"Her next attack was the most prominent one when she attacked the 'Museum of Garlond' and didn't take anything except for injuring a guard who was there on duty that night. That's when everything started. She became the center of attention, people began making up theories as to why she would attack such a place and not take anything except for injuring the man" Alex thought deep and finally came to a conclusion. "And now she attacked this man, what was his name again, and almost left him for dead. This happened many times before. She may have attacked before as well, before the bandits but no one noticed and no file was reported. And so I believe that I do not know where she will attack next" Alex sighed loudly, "I give up, I'm never going to find her. Better get some rest for tomorrow, I have an important test" Alex went to bed with preparations for tomorrow and with hopes that someday he might find the 'Mafia' who had spread terror everywhere.