𝐱𝐯𝐢. skin burning stares

I SAT UP FROM the comfy bed and immediately recognised my surroundings. I was dreaming of Olympus, again. I looked at the white, almost golden-like sheets and lifted them to my nose, breathing in the usual, sweet scent of honey.

I knitted my brows and lifted my eyes to meet his blue ones. He was softly staring, watching my every movement.

"You know, it's rude to stare, Solar."

A smile appeared on his face as he closed his eyes and let his head slightly fall back, making his golden hair shine in the sun. Just by looking at him, I could never forget that he's a god. Because he truly looked like one of the most beautiful creatures I had ever seen.

I pushed the sheets off of me and I noticed that instead of my dark blue hoodie and shorts that I went to sleep with, I was in the same, white linen dress just like in all the dreams before. My bare feet touched the cold marble ground and I knew he opened his eyes again, because his stare burned into my skin.

"You're staring again," I softly said. I felt him come to stand behind me as I stared out of the balcony from the room. Olympus was truly breathtaking. I saw the people trade bottles of wine for blocks of cheese as just a few steps further, a man was telling a story to young kids, who were so invested in it.

I knew that no mortals were allowed to live here, only the twelve gods, but Apollo had told me that one day the gods decided that this place was far too big for just the twelve of them, so each solstice they would invite a smaller god to live with them and now it's almost like a small, perfect village.

"I know," He replied.

Confused, I looked up to see him already staring at me. But his gaze was different. Something about him was different, I just didn't know what. Before I could ask him, something brushed by my legs and I looked down to meet the same fox from the field.

I knelt down to touch her as she nuzzled into my touch. "You kept her," I laughed. Even if I didn't see his expression, I knew that he had rolled his eyes before saying, "Obviously, why wouldn't I? She's perfection."

I scoffed, standing up, "You are so full of yourself."

"Remember who you're talking to, pet," He said, his voice sharp, but glazed with honey, while his eyes were filled with amusement. I rolled my eyes as I ignored him, brushing past him and walking out of the room I usually woke up in.

He caught up with me quickly, his pace matching mine, slowing down when I stopped to look at a painting. I felt his eyes on me, every single moment of it. Even though it wasn't unusual, it felt like something had changed between us.

"How's your hunting for your true love going?" He asked me. "Why am I here?" I voiced my question too, the one which was lingering in my thoughts the whole time.

"I asked first."

I rolled my eyes, walking away from the painting as I lifted my head to look at a magnificent chandelier, "And I asked second."

He stopped in front of me, making me slightly hit his chest. "Pet," He said, but I looked the other way. I heard him let out a tisk of disapproval, before he, in a sharp voice said my name. It made me snap my dark brown eyes to his crystal blue ones.

"Answer my question."

I sighed, "I'm not sure." At that one word, his whole dementor changed. His soft, warm touch on my elbow suddenly became cold, yet his hand hadn't left me.

"Who is he?" His voice was not laced with honey as usual, it was distant and a bit cold. "Is it the son of Athena? Because I had heard your thoughts, and you do not love him– it's ridiculous you even think so—"

I pulled away from his touch and scoffed, turning away back to the room we came out of. How dare he think he knows my feelings better than me? Sure, I wasn't sure what I felt about Ash, but he was very good-looking, just my type and he had helped me. He made me feel special, but at the same time, he treated me like everyone else. One thing I knew though, Apollo has no right to tell me how I felt.

After Capture the Flag, Ash pulled me away and promised me that his opinion hadn't changed of how he thought of me. Well, he said that he also knew now that it was better not to piss me off, which—

"Stop thinking about him in my presence!"

I jumped, my eyes wide as I slowly turned around to look at Apollo. He was breathing heavily and he looked dishevelled. He was running one hand through his messy hair, while the other covered his face.

"Then don't be in my presence. I haven't asked you, Apollo. For any of this."

He let out a humourless laugh, "No, no, you did ask– you wished, for me."

I swallowed. What was going on with him? He was never like this. He looked like a true crazed god and I felt warmth heavily radiating off of him. By the looks of it, at this moment, he couldn't even fully control his abilities.

"Apollo?" I softly asked. I took a few steps until I was standing in front of him. "What is it?"

His hands fell from his face and he finally looked at me, his eyes were so full of emotion — I couldn't even exactly pinpoint what he was feeling.

"You," One of his fingers twirled around my loose strand of hair, his breath was softly fanning my face. "Are going to die because of me."

I knitted my brows, slightly pulling away, "W-what?" He shook his head, one of his hands going to the back of my head, "But you can't know this, because then you'll try to leave me." And then my vision went dark.

AUTHORS NOTE
THE ORIGINAL STORYLINE OFFICIALLY STARTS!!!!!! (okay, technically it started with the first chp, but whatever)

THE NEW TAYLOR ALBUM?! IT'S AMAZING!!!! What's your fav song rn? Because for me So Long, London is hitting in all the right places.

VOTE & COMMENT PLS!!!!

Bridget when a man tries to tell her how she feels:

1k words

-romanoff