Prologue

No body knows what's really out there.

Stories say that the forest is big like a body of water many call the ocean.  The body of trees darkening at every corner when nightfall came was a frightening sight to those who don't know how to find their way.

Danger lurked at every corner. Grisly bears were the most to watch out for. Standing at the end of the path was a Luna. My mother, Stacia, Staring ahead and not wavering to the darkness. Her eyes were a ruby amber and brown. I could see them through the storm. She married my father when she was all but my age. I was seventeen. Staring further into the darkness. The wind had picked up, beginning to push the snow around. Blowing it further and further through the air, causing it to turn what looked like into a powdered dust.

Standing behind her now. She turned to me as her she-wolf. Her coat had been a black, while her two paws had some white added to them. Her under pads were pink by only lifting them up and beginning a mild run. While my father had been waiting for us to return to the camp. His fur was coated with ashy black, peppered with grey on his paws.

I was born into a modern pack. So going out into the forest was something I couldn't do alone because of how scared many were of those said stories. Running up the path back to camp and heaving softly just to catch my breath. Sitting at the bonfire was my father, Ross. While my mother went over and sat beside him and watched the fire together.

We were out on night watch to keep our pack safe.

Yeah. 'Our'.

I wanted nothing to do with it. All I wanted was to go out and do my own thing. But they always said something that made me second guess myself. 'They' meaning my parents. What happens next,

being in a pack sucks because I get dragged into the worst trouble with only my lies, stubbornness and a big mouth that many call an attitude problem. But that's probably normal. Right?