90 - Down on my knee

*Emma pov*

Today is a big day, it's a big day for me as a sister, and for my brother.
Today's the day Matt finally is going to ask Tina to marry him.
After Chris and I helped him picked out the perfect ring for her he asked us another favor...we have to prepare our backyard for the proposal.

The plan is that we're gonna go out for dinner all together, kids included so she won't be suspicious at all and then once we'll come back to our house with an excuse probably from Millie we'll take her out in the garden and Matt will go down on his knee and we'll be there to capture it all with our phones.

Matt booked dinner to a not too fancy restaurant since we're coming with three kids, but still a nice one.
"Mommy!" I hear Millie say as I'm finishing my easy makeup
"In my bedroom sweetie!" I call back
"Look!" She says coming in and showing me her little dress
"Oh you're so beautiful"
"There they are, my pretty girls!" Chris says also coming in with the twins in his arms
"You look handsome daddy" Millie says jumping up and down in front of him "and you too mama"
"Thank you" I tell her putting everything down and take a look in the mirror
"You look stunning baby" Chris says gently putting the twins down on our bed and sitting Millie on it too, kissing her head softly before walking to me, circling his arms around my waist and kissing my neck once
"I love you" I whisper
"Love you too"

Ten minutes later Chris and I check that our garden is perfectly set, let Dodger out to do his business and watching closely that he won't go in the little corner we created for Matt and Tina.
We exit the house, Chris puts the girl in the back and straps them in before getting in himself and start driving to town.

We're placed in a corner of the restaurant which is pretty nice cause we don't have tables too near ours so there's not too much noise around and the kids won't disturb too much in case they get a little fussy, but for now they're both sleeping and Millie is happily munching on her dinner.
We did choose a simple dinner, nothing too much, and we're gonna skip in the dessert cause I decided to make a cake for Matt and Tina, Matt knows so once out of the restaurant the excuse to go to our house will be that I decided to make a new cake and wanted them to try it.
"Uncle Matt?"
"Yes Millie boo?"
"Can I taste this?" She asks pointing at his pasta dish
"Sure, here" he says taking her fork and grabbing some pasta with it, then putting it near her mouth so she can eat it
"Is it good?"
"Yummy, thanks uncle Matt"
"You're welcome munchkin"
Millie smiles at him before going back to her own plate.

After Chris and Matt payed for our dinner we all drove back home.
Once we got inside and took our coats off, got greeted by an exited Dodger and out the twins upstairs into their cots, and by the way they started sleeping in their own bedroom, we finally all reunited into the living room.
"Auntie Tina, can I show you something outside?"
"Sure, if that's ok with your mommy and daddy"
"You girls go, I'll get the cake ready..." I tell her when in fact Chris and I were getting our phones ready to take a video and photos, and Matt getting his nerves settled a little bit and the ring box ready into his pants pocket.

When Millie got Tina to stand in the right place, which is on a white fluffy blanket, fairy lights around it, Chris, Matt and I walked out.
Millie ran back to us while Matt walked to Tina and after kissing her head twice he went down on his knee.
Chris pulled me closer cause he knew I was getting pretty emotional.
We watched the scene in front of us making sure we captured every moment of it.
"Tina, I can't even begin to explain how much I love you and how much you make me happy. I never want this to end, in fact I want to make it even more official. So, Tina McHolland, my love, will you make me the happiest man on heart by marrying me?" Matt says and tears run down on all of our cheeks
"Say yes auntie!" Millie screams making us all laugh and Tina nods her head yes, words not able to come out
"I love you" Matt tells her putting the stunning ring on her finger, a perfect fit
"Love you too"

We then run to them to say congratulations and Tina couldn't believe we helped this much, I then brought the cake into the living room once we were all a little calmer and sat down to taste it.
"I can't wait for you guys big day" I say hugging the both of them close to me
"Can't wait too" they both say making me smile even bigger, I'm so happy for my big brother!

chrisevans

emmawylerevans

emmawylerevans

Liked by scottevansgram and 9

Liked by scottevansgram and 9.828 others

emmawylerevans I'm so happy for my big bro @mattw and my soon to be sister in law @tinamchooland!
I can't wait to see you both in your fancy dress and suit, see you walk down the aisle, promising a life full of love and hear you say I do.
I love you both so much guys, congratulations❤️

View all comments
steveinla Congratssssss🎉
scottevansgram Wowowowowowwowoowow so happy for you, love ya😘
davidwyler My boy is getting married🎉

A/n
Don't know if you saw the Oscar's after party red carpet photos, but Chris and alba looked so stunning!!! (No hate comments plz...)
Btw I also wanted to tell you that we've got 10 chapter left for this book, thank you all so much for following this story🤍💙🤍