Chapter 2

It's been two days since Father told me about the trip to Graceland. Me and mother went back to the markets, searching for food for the trip. Its her treat she says. I know we are rich, but I guess I just wanted to leave. Now I'm home, helping Cook sort the goods. Punishment for going outside without there consent, and getting cherries all over my dress. I didn't think they'd care. I guess I was wrong. I'm wearing a navy blue dress that isn't too puffy. It has long sleeves, that are tight to my skin, and gold along the hems. It's a little too low, but my mother wants a presentation. I don't think father approves. My hair was done into long waves, and mother wanted more emphasis on my moon sign. So, I'm wearing a circlet. We all are supposed to, because our family is part of the nobility, it gives us power. Its a pretty sliver, that wraps around my head, and separates in the middle, so my moon sign is more "emphasized." It looks like vines, and it doesn't drop on my head. Its pretty comfortable, so, that's a bonus. 

Cook pats me on the back, and mutters a few words in Ruuwian. I cock an eyebrow and he shakes his head and pinches his nose, "Good job." He says, his accent making the words sound more clipped. I nod, understanding him now. He came from the Ruuwian Empire, we live in the Ivaraia Empire, we speak Ivasy here, so most don't understand him. Ivasy has a very sweet accent, that holds out words longer as if your singing. And the vowels sound slightly clipped. I can't say I don't love living in Pearburg, but I guess I can get sick of the song like accent and the flower fields. At least now I can see Graceland, which is still in the Ivaraia Empire, but I've been told there is more forest. I breathe in through my nostrils and set down the bread I was holding, saying goodbye to Cook before leaving the kitchen. I rub my shoulders, and see the maids carrying my family's luggage. My eyes follow them like ants carrying decaying food. I shake my head. Walking outside, I see the carriage just outside of the gate. It looks small from here, but I know it can hold at least four people in total in it. I'm going to be squashed. I walk back inside.

I hear everyone getting ready to go, and I sit in the living room, not to far from the main room, just down the hall. The couches are green, the floor spotless, and the clock,

tick

tick

ticking.

I keep clenching and un-clenching my fists and I don't know why. My dress in rubbing against my skin, and I squirm in my seat trying to get comfortable in the silence. Instinctively, my hand reaches to my forehead, tracing the moon. I get consistent headaches sometimes, and then entirely forget what I am doing. I shake my head. Were going to Graceland for Father. It's classified work, but obviously he wants me to get more training in, so there's likely a school I will be attending, or tutors. 

I'm about to get up and ask mother when we are leaving when on of the butlers walks in and says, "It's about time to leave, m'lady." I smile, standing up he holds out his arm, which I wrap my elbow around. I don't know why I feel nervous I just do. He leads me outside, and I just about trip over the stone stairs, "careful." He cautions, I roll my eyes. Like didn't know that. He helps me into the carriage and then my mother after that. She's wearing a long sleeve dress, like mine, but with more ruffles. The sleeves at the top reach around her cheekbones and she's wearing the family crest on her turtle neck. A Siren. 

Father and Archie come in, wearing the exact same outfits. The door shuts, and I hear people calling and then the carriage starts moving. I slightly move the small curtain to see our house shrinking away in the distance.

We are going through the village and I see the glares from commoners towards our carriage. I make a face and close the curtain. Father is talking about the job, not including a lot of details, all that a person is trying to assassinate the king to get power. I don't listen, not wanting to bother myself with the dramatics. My mom and Archie are deep into the conversation when suddenly I hear lightning, looking out the window, I see rain begin to pour. My eyes widen. I haven't seen a storm like this in a long time. Villagers yelp, and head back into their houses, grabbing as much food as they can. Luckily for them, they have covers over their stands. Well, some of them at least.

The road is bumpy, and I feel sick to my stomach. I can tell my family feels that way too. Graceland isn't too far away, well kind of, so Father wanted everyone to be ready when we got there. But a part of me is telling me that this trip isn't going to end well.

(Sorry that this Chapter was short I was in a rush, and this was where it needed to break off soooo)