CHASING CARS

From our very first date Yoongi started this, I guess you could call it a tradition where he created a playlist and every date we've had, every special moment and sometimes even moments when we've been doing nothing he will add songs to that playlist.

It tells a story of our relationship from the very beginning to where we are just now- about to celebrate our one year anniversary.

Each song he has picked over the past year tells a story, holds memories for us both and so much meaning.

I guess it's kind of a diary, a place for me to listen and reminisce so were better to start than the beginning of how this tradition came to be....our first date.

I was so nervous I almost called to cancel a few hours before but I am so glad I didn't.

Knowing my love of the ourdoors Yoongi planned a cute little picnic, yeah l know - even that surprises many people who don't know him like I do.

Anyway, on the way to the area he had picked out there was a song playing on the radio, it was one we both loved and started to sing along with, him sounding a million times better than I did but neither of us cared.

We sat on the blanket he brought eating the food he had prepared and talked for hours until it started to get dark yet it felt like we had only just got there.

I guess a part of me knew even back then on our first date, I knew that he is pretty damn special.

As cliche as it sounds I knew from that first date that he was "the one" I didn't stop smiling the whole time we were together or even when I got back home that evening.

Yoongi's sense of humour is like no one else that I've met but it mirrors mine perfectly.

Later that night I was lounging on the sofa talking to my best friend telling her all about our date when Yoongi sent me a link. It was for a playlist simply titled "our love story"

At first I was confused until l opened it up and heard the only song that was on it. It was the song we had both sang our hearts out to on the drive earlier that day.

He explained that's not the only reason he picked it though:

Sitting on the blanket in that meadow in the middle of spring with the light breeze blowing the scents of the flowers growing nearby directly towards us I felt nothing but peace and happiness.

We talked for hours about absolutely everything and I didn't stop smiling the whole time. As the sun started to set and it grew darker I knew we had to leave but I truly didn't want to.

I had been so stressed out over a song I was in the process of writing at the time but being with you made me completely forget about it, forget the stress, the pressure, everything. I could have stayed there in that moment with you all day and night.

SONG 1: SNOW PATROL - CHASING CARS