Chapter 5

As the first rays of the morning sun gently filtered through the delicate bedroom curtains, Hermione stirred from her slumber. With a soft groan, she instinctively shielded her eyes from the intrusive light by pulling the cozy blanket over her face. Slowly, she turned her head to the side, expecting to find Harry lying beside her, but to her surprise, he was nowhere to be seen.

Curiosity piqued, Hermione's mind began to wander, contemplating the reason for Harry's absence. Could he have been called in to work unexpectedly, or perhaps he had some other pressing matter to attend to? The possibilities danced through her thoughts, leaving her with a sense of intrigue.

Just as Hermione was lost in her musings, a symphony of laughter reached her ears, accompanied by the gentle babbling of a baby. Recognizing the distinct voices, she realized it was her daughter, Rose, and the adorable little Arabella, Harry's precious daughter. The sound of their innocent joy filled the air, bringing a smile to Hermione's face as she prepared herself for the day ahead.

Hermione slowly stirred from her slumber, feeling the warmth of the morning sun gently caressing her face. With a graceful movement, she kicked the covers away from her body, allowing the cool air to embrace her skin. As she stretched her limbs, she reached for her slippers, slipping them on with ease.

Her eyes fell upon her baby blue Floral Print Belted Satin Robe, hanging delicately from the back of the door. She couldn't resist the allure of its softness against her skin, so she gracefully enveloped herself in its comforting embrace.

With a serene demeanor, Hermione made her way into the living room, where her heart swelled at the sight of her daughter, Rose, engrossed in play. The room was adorned with an array of colorful toys, scattered across the floor. Rose's tiny fingers danced with delight as she explored each one.

Not far from Rose, lay Arabella, Harry's daughter, peacefully resting on her belly upon the vibrant playmat. Hermione's eyes softened as she observed the tranquility that graced Arabella's cherubic face.

Curiosity piqued, Hermione gently approached Rose, her voice filled with tenderness. "Rosie, my love, is your daddy here?" she inquired, her voice carrying a hint of anticipation.

A smile illuminated Rose's face as she looked up at her mother. "Yes, Mummy," she replied, her voice filled with innocent joy. "Daddy is in the kitchen, skillfully preparing a delicious meal for us."

Hermione's heart swelled with gratitude as she marveled at the love and dedication that Harry poured into their family. With a contented sigh, she embraced the beauty of the moment, cherishing the precious bond they all shared.

"Mummy," Rose exclaimed, her eyes wide with curiosity, "did you know that Bella is my sister?"

Hermione, with a gentle smile, nodded in response. "Yes, my dear, I did," she replied, her voice filled with warmth and affection.

"Be a good girl, my love," Hermione instructed, her voice trailing off as she made her way towards the inviting aroma wafting from the kitchen. "Keep an eye on your sister while I prepare breakfast."

"Okay, mama," Rose obediently replied, her voice filled with innocence and eagerness.

Hermione gracefully entered the kitchen, her steps light and purposeful, only to be greeted by the sight of Harry skillfully cooking a delectable morning feast. The sizzling sound of back bacon, the aroma of succulent sausage links, and the sight of perfectly cooked eggs danced in the air. Alongside them, fried or grilled tomatoes, fried mushrooms, and a medley of bread, both fried and toasted, adorned the table. Completing the spread were the traditional accompaniments of black pudding and baked beans.

"I had almost forgotten how incredibly talented you are in the kitchen," Hermione exclaimed, her voice filled with admiration, as she wrapped her arms around Harry from behind, embracing him lovingly.