xvi ━ an issue or two

-ˏˋ°•*

SEEING Piper and her dad act so cute and close made Rebecca realise she may have an issue or two.

Jason nudged her- nudging had kind of became their thing.

"It's fine," he smiled jokingly, "I don't have a dad either."

Rebecca blushed in embarrassment. "It's not that."

He smiled knowingly, "sure."

She coughed. "What now?"

Piper soothed her father, and with charmspeak she convinced the people in the helicopter to bring her father to the airport.

Coach Hedge ended up leaving with Piper's dad, not before whispering to Rebecca.

"You take care of blondie and the crew or you're getting extra push ups."

She nodded fast, pretending to be scared.

"And don't go all lovey dovey with blondie." Rebecca went as red as a tomato.

The plane ride was kind of quiet, or at least Piper was. Leo, Jason and her played with an apple that was there.

Rebecca could bounce it on her elbow, leg, it was amazing. Leo and Jason attempted to do it, Jason did it almost as well as Rebecca, but not quite.

When the plane was heading down the runaway, Piper started to cry. At first the other three didn't know what to do.

Honestly Rebecca wasn't the most empathic, but slowly she wrapped her arms around her friend. Piper sobbed and sniffed in her arm, and Rebecca held her.

It was kind of weird at the beginning, she hadn't seen many people crying, but slowly she got used to the feeling. It was kind of nice, to have someone let you hold them while they cried. As if that person trusted you enough, Piper trusted her? Piper trusted her.

Then, right next to Jason, the air began to shimmer. At first Rebecca thought it was heat off the tarmac, or maybe gas fumes from the helicopter, but she quickly realised what she was.

It was an Iris message. An image appeared in the air—a dark-haired girl in silver winter camouflage, holding a bow.

Jason stumbled back in surprise. "Thalia!"

"Thank the gods," said the Hunter. The scene behind her was hard to make out, but Rebecca heard yelling, metal clashing on metal, and explosions.

"We've found her," Thalia said. "Where are you?"

"Oakland," he said. "Where are you?"

"The Wolf House! Oakland is good; you're not too far. We're holding off the giant's minions, but we can't hold them forever. Get here before sunset, or it's all over."

"Then it's not too late?" Piper cried. Hope surged through Rebecca, but Thalia's expression quickly dampened it.

"Not yet," Thalia said. "But Jason-it's worse than I realized. Porphyrion is rising. Hurry."