Chapter 10: Finality

Stepping out of the shadows, a looming figure appeared, placing their hand on the fallen Gaster Blaster, causing it to disintegrate. Me, Frisk, and Chara all looked on confused, but Sans held a look of surprise, like he knew the figure. The corrupted Chara stood up, using the wall to support herself. The Gaster Blaster must have done some damage. As both the figure and 'Chara' stepped out of the shadows and into the small bit of light there was in the room, the figure was revealed to be a skeleton similar to Sans, except he was much taller, possibly rivalling Papyrus in height. He wore a large black lab coat that was a bit tattered at the edges, and one side of his face dropped a bit, like it had been melted and it had a crack running down to his eye.

After seeing our confusion, the skeleton sighed as if disappointed. "Apologies, I forgot that only a select few speak Wingdings. Now, I imagine you all have many questions, and they will be answered in time, but first, I promised my associate that I would let them have their 'fun'. Sans and the boy are off limits. The other two are not factors in this." The skeleton says before disappearing as I blinked. He seemed to have powerful magic, powerful enough to shut down and destroy a Gaster Blaster, so I wouldn't be surprised if he could use a shortcut.

"Sans, who was he? What do we do?" Frisk asks, looking between Sans and the corrupted Chara. The corrupted Chara took a few steps forward, but Sans put up a wall of light blue bones to stop her from getting closer. "that, was wd gaster. the same gaster from the name of my blasters. as for what we do, well, I guess we fight." Sans says, chuckling a bit as he made the wall move forward to give us ground, but 'Chara' just went invisible and reappeared on our side of them.

The fake Chara didn't say anything as she approached, just smiled creepily as she twirled a knife in one hand. The real Chara stood by my side as she wiped a few stray tears from her eyes. "You should stay back. Let me and the others deal with this." Chara says, looking me directly in the eye. She was serious, but I couldn't leave them to fight this alone. That wouldn't sit right with me, sitting all nice and safe while they battled this demon. As she got within a dozen feet of us, 'Chara' lunged, disappearing and reappearing behind Frisk, who barely had enough time to block with her shield.

Sans and I immediately scrambled to fight back, with Sans summoning another Gaster Blaster skull and using it to ram 'Chara' back against the wall. Chara flew towards the fake and summoned a knife to take a slash, but the demon struck faster, making Chara drop her knife as she floated backward in surprise. I didn't have enough time to look to see if she was badly hurt as the demon broke free from the skull and lunged at me next, slashing at my hand that held the knife. I narrowly dodged it and managed to swipe at the demon as she glided by. I didn't manage to hit her, but I caused her to pull back a bit from me, allowing me to go to Chara's side.

Chara had a long cut running down her arm, but it was pretty shallow. In another world, I'd question how a ghost was hit by anything, but the knife was magical, so it made a bit of sense how. "Are you alright?" I ask quickly, worried. "I will be. Don't worry about me, getting distracted will just get you killed." Chara responds, clutching her arm as she rose to her feet.

She was right, but I still couldn't help but feel like I had to protect her, even though she was much better at the whole fighting thing than me.

As my attention turned back to the fight, I noticed Frisk was in trouble once more and as I tried to rush over to help, a Gaster Blaster grazed my arm. "watch where your going kid! this is for real, life and death, not time to be screwing around!" Sans yelled angrily. The Blaster drove the demon off of Frisk and slammed into the wall. I could see we were winning, if only slightly, as it took a few seconds for the fake Chara to get up and start going on the attack again.

I barely brought my knife up in time to collide with the demons knife as she lunged at me. She was promptly pushed back, but not by me. A skeletal hand had appeared and shoved her back, and holding up 1 finger before disappearing. I guess that was the work of that Gaster person. What does he need me for? Why me, when Frisk is the one with the rare soul and Chara is the ghost. I'm just a normal person.