Chapter 1

The cop inside me died that day

Leon looked outside the window of the car with his head resting on his hand. He thought about that day...that one day he will never forget...If only that would never happen...maybe this all wouldn't happen...The pain...Those horrible memories...He still thinks about it. And probably will never stop thinking about it. It still terrifies him to this day. Then a voice brings him out of his thinking.

"So tell me...Why did you wanna come to this horrible place? As close to nowhere as I never seen" One of the cops who gave him a ride to the village said.

"Let's just say I'm looking for someone..." Leon answered while looking at the picture of you fiddling with it.

"They must be very important then if the chief told us to help you ."

"Well, I'm sure you boys didn't come all the way out here to roast marshmallows...Or maybe you did."

The two cops chuckled. Leon looked back out the window. The cop in the passenger seat turned to look at Leon.

"Your sense of humor is strange. Let me let you in a little secret. Between us." 

"There have been a lot of people going missing around here. And it's been like that for a while now...And I don't think it will ever stop." The cop explained. 

  "Well then, this should just be another day in the office, right?" Leon replied.

"Well, last week some hikers went missing here and there was a search for them. I don't think they were found."

"I'm sure you guys will help me."

The cop scoffed and then started chuckling. The cop in the driver's seat parked the car in some forest.

"I think this is it." 

The cop in the passenger seat turns and looks at Leon.

"Nature calls. I'll be right back." 

The cop opened the door of the car and walked deeper into the woods. The cop in the driver's seat pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

"You smoke?" He asked. 

Leon shakes his head.

15 minutes later.

"What's taking him so long? I wonder if he fell in." The cop said.

The cop turned and looked at Leon.

"Maybe you should go and check on him. You know make sure he's okay." The cop suggested as he took another puff of his cigarette.

Leon opened the door car and walked out. 

"I'll watch the car. Make sure I don't get a parking ticket."

The cop took another puff.

"So much for helping me," Leon muttered before he walked deeper into the woods.