CHAPTER 23

We traveled as a group for about fifteen minutes more, then we arrived at the crown prince's villa.

It's called a villa, but truthfully, it was as grand as a mansion. The place could accommodate more than fifty guests, plus also the servants and knights that each guest brought with them.

"Lily, the floor is slippery. Be careful."

As he had been glued to my side throughout the entire trip, Theodore still wouldn't stop sticking to me once we arrived. His behavior was so burdensome that I couldn't control the expression on my face now.

Still, as I got off the carriage, I tried hard to school my hardened features because other people's eyes were drawn to us at once.

Their gazes were full of prying curiosity, perhaps because of the rumors circulating about how the Duke and Duchess of Valentino have become amicable towards each other.

"I shall lead Your Graces the Duke and the Duchess of Valentino to the room you will be staying in."

Ignoring the prickly gazes, we followed after the attendant who guided us to our room.

After checking the room we were guided to for a moment, we soon went out again. As we reached the middle of the garden, the crown prince was seen to be in the middle of a commotion.

"I can't wait to see who will win the hunt! Firstly, though, it's not going to be me-that's for sure! Hahaha!"

...It still confuses me whether he's just self-assured enough to make himself the butt of the joke or if he's just pretending to be a carefree man.

In any case, it's true that his hunting skills were terrible. He loved the sport of hunting itself, but he had no talent in shooting an arrow from a bow or throwing a spear.

Even so, he seemed to be adept enough in handling a sword.

"Oh? I wonder who's this!"

After looking this way, the crown prince shouted at us in delight. He's fond of Theodore.

However, I didn't know if it's because of a personal reason or if it's because of a political agreement...

Judging by the crown prince's past behavior, he seemed to be trying to win Theodore over to his side.

"Duke Valentino! And the Duchess. I'm so pleased to see you side by side."

As we approached, I smiled hollowly at the crown prince, who began to speak so much.

I really don't think that I'll ever be able to match the wavelength of this man, just like with Rozenne Delacroix. If I were to describe it, it's like I lose strength the longer we talk...

"Goodness, Duchess, your pallor is much worse now compared to the last time we met. You should take more care of your health."

The last time we met... It was last winter... No, it was around the end of March earlier this year.

The Fraunces Kingdom-though it differed from region to region-was a country that was not very hot during summer and not very cold during winter, but this year, the temperature had gotten especially low, especially as April approached.