Chapter 3

Author's Note:
Hey guys! Thank you all for reading 'Nine'. Finally reached 100 reads! So excited! This is actually the first story I've written and it has been fun so far. I am hoping that all of you are enjoying it :) As mentioned in the description, this is a Haikyuu fanfiction, just however, based on a game, so I am hoping all you Haikyuu fans out there are looking forward to the unravelling of the story and characters. I'm sorry if the updates are a bit late due to school and homework, but otherwise, I will try and update it as soon as possible. Thanks for understanding and I really hope you enjoy this story. Feel free to give it a vote up and leave a comment :D

--

We all stood there for what seems like years. The fact that there is a traitor aboard this ship with us made me feel faint. I placed my hand on a nearby wall to prevent me from collapsing. Thoughts flooded my mind.

Who is Zero?

What is the Elimination?

Why are we chosen to take part in this?

Who is the Joker.... the traitor?

Leader's voice interrupted my thoughts. His voice seemed oddly loud in the silence.

"I have no idea why this had happened, but assuming that everything Zero said is true, then we have no time to waste."

An antique clock that was embedded in the wall of the set of staircase started to ring.

7.... 8.... 9....

It's nine o'clock.

Leader continued.

"It's nine o'clock right now, and we have nine hours to get out of this ship. We have to escape by six o'clock the next morning."

"Are we going through the numbered doors?" asked Glasses.

"No, that's not what I mean. Let's try and find another way out, but not through the numbered doors," replied Leader.

"But to do that efficiently, let's split up and search this deck and the remaining decks. We'll come back here and meet up when the clock rings again one hour later."

We all gave a quick nod and went our separate ways to search for an alternate escape route. I approached two sets of elevators. I skimmed through the little area, searching for a button to open it. Nothing. Instead of a button, there is a card reader by the side of the two elevators. There is a symbol on the card reader that somehow resembles the number 4. Kid number one approached me.

"What's that symbol?" he asked me, pointing at the card reader.

"That is the Jupiter symbol," I answered him with a smile. "It symbolises balance, equality and justice."

"Justice, huh? I wonder why Zero is doing this to us then," he said.

I felt my heart in my throat. He looked up at me.