How did you know?

Its been a while since that day with Kakuzu. Ever since that day I have been respected more, and Tobi isn't always my partner as much. Most of the time I am paired up with Itachi, Kakuzu, Kisame, or Sasori. But sometimes Pein pairs me with Tobi, Hidan, or Konan.

Yet I have only been paired with Konan twice I know how powerful she is. It is rare that I am paired with Hidan, and I am glad that it is that way. He is always either talking, drinking, wanting to sacrifice someone, or being completely crazy. The look on Kakuzu's face when I was paired with Hidan was priceless. He looked pleased with a devilish smirk like as if he knows how Hidan will act. He was right, so right.

But now that I have been with the Akatsuki for about a year, I have been on solo missions. These missions aren't all that glamorous, they mostly consist of errands. Like when I need to get a few items for the group, like when Sasori needs a special type of wood that absorbs chakra for his puppets, Konan needs some paper from that same type of tree, Kisame needs food that doesn't involve fish, which is a food we eat often, and so on. These missions are mostly in the land of Fire, or in the land Rivers.

They all finally trust me now, something I didn't have in Suna. Every day that I am with the Akatsuki, the less I miss Suna.

Yes, there are some things that I still miss from Suna, like my parents. But other than that I don't miss anything else not even Maguma, that little traitor. He refused to come be with the person that raised him.

I have became a cold hearted killer, wanting revenge for the death of my brother. And nothing else will change that. I don't smile, smirk, get upset, or even laugh. And it will stay this way until the world around me fades away, for one last time.

This is the new Hanshu.

I don't tell anyone what I think or feel, except for Isobu. I can only trust him with what I feel because he can't tell anyone if he is stuck in my head!

I have learned that he is very wise, smart, and tactical. He has helped me out of a lot of situations that I can't get out of. When ever he does my respect for him grows.

*** back to Hanshu ***

As I am jumping from tree to tree with the items the Akatsuki needs I start to feel strange. I haven't felt this way for a long time! I think as I keep jumping. Oh well I am almost back at the base, I'll just take a nap when I get back.

Just then I feel a bunch kunai hit a branch that I just jumped off of. I land on the next branch and turn around to see two leaf ANBU shinobi. When I am on solo missions I don't wear my Akatsuki robe, and I wear a headband from the village in the country I am in. Just to make sure I don't bring much unwanted attention.

"Who are you and what do you want?" I ask the two ANBU shinobi standing in front of me. They both had brown hair, one had a tiger shaped mask with gold stripes and the other one looked like a smirking bear with red and black paint.

I don't want any trouble so I started hiding my chakra.

"We felt a strong chakra source so we came out to see what it was. The chakra lead us to you." The tiger man said

"What is a little boy like you doing out here?" The bear man asked

I think they are from Konohagakure.

"First thing first, I am not little, I am a chunin. To answer your question Mr. Bearman I am running errands and getting supplies for my squad in The Village Hidden in the Valleys," I said pointing my thumb to my headband that is covering my eye. "I am returning back now." I replied calmly

"What were you getting?" The tigerman asked.

I got out a scroll I always carry with me and opened it. Inside of it were weapons, kunais, shuriken, chakra blades, and a few paperbombs.

"We run out of weapons a lot on missions," I said smiling "we run out of weapons the most of all of the teams actually. They cost a lot if money so our ruler won't buy anymore for us, so we buy them with the money from the missions we do." I explained and Bearman and Tigerman nodded. They exchanged looks and looked back at me.

"You are free to go, the chakra source is going away. It is getting fainter." Bearman said. I put my weapons back in the scroll and left, keeping my chakra low.

That was close. I thought jumping from tree to tree again, away from them.

Thank goodness you are such a good liar! Isobu said impressed.

Thank you. I said

Nice story too, if I wasn't in you I would have bought it! Isobu said

They call me the best liar in the Akatsuki for a reason. I say jokingly

And who told you that? Isobu asked

Everyone. I reply smirking

*** Time skip ***

I got back to the base and went inside. I went up to Peins office and dropped of the items and went to my room. Where is everyone? It is like a ghost town!

I went to my room and Kurage was holding a stick note in her mouth. I took it out and read it.

"Meet me in the training room! ~Tobi"

So I did as the paper told me to, and I went to the training room. The lights were off and I couldn't see a thing.

So I flipped on the light switch and everyone jumped out and shouted in unison "Surprise! Happy Birthday Hanshu!"

After everyone was done shouting Tobi came up to me and led me to a table where I could sit down at.

I looked around and everyone was staring at me with smiles on their faces, everyone except for Itachi who was smirking and I couldn't see Kakuzu's smile if he had one because he was wearing a mask.

People think that all of the Akatsuki members are bad, that is true in some ways but looked at what they done for me. I thought as I looked around at everyone.

How did they know it was my birthday if I never told them?