Chapter One ✩

Naz rolled his eyes in annoyance from the police officers and guards berating him with questions. Questions he's heard of numerous of times and answered rarely. By this point, he was getting annoyed of everybody wanting to know why, hell Naz didn't even know why himself. It just happened to happen, and to his disadvantage he just got caught.

"Come on pretty boy you don't wanna fess up? You're gonna have to say something in a few minutes." Officer Marks chuckled resting his hands on his big belly. Naz didn't like Mark, mostly because he was the typical white racist pig, but because he would always try and get dirt from Naz. He knew that by the way he collects news and spread it, he would be another body on the pavement out in the streets, lucky for him, the rolls were flipped he was just lucky to be alive.

A thirty minute drive to downtown Atlanta. What seemed liked hours was only fifteen minutes of a drive. Fifteen minutes of questions and unwanted commentary, Naz tuned all of that out and prayed that his ride would end soon. Limited to no space in the police van, arms shackled with small hand cuffs and stuck between two oversized guards who smell like pork and musty cologne, Naz really hated what he done. Only to be living in this very moment.

About twenty minutes later, the police van arrived to the Municipal Court house. The police guard, the driver, opened the back door to let the cops and Naz out the van. Being welcomed by the news reporters and flashing lights, Naz kept his head down and was assisted by the guards to the building.

An hour into the trial, being interrogated for the judge, family members, and lawyers, Naz just wanted to hear one thing and one thing only. Knowing what he did was wrong, he had no remorse. Nothing about what he did concerned him or bothered him, not even the angry and sad family members who screamed at him for taking their loved ones.

***

Eight months ago Naz was dating his girlfriend Mariah, of two years. Loving every moment he had with her and living a peaceful and loving life, he one day caught her cheating on him with a guy she used to work with. It devastated him seeing the girl he was going to marry, out to eat and kissing up on another guy. So letting his irrational behavior take over his feelings, he went back home, burned, cut up, and threw away all of her belongings. Naz waited for three hours till she got home, pretending like nothing happened, like he didn't see his girlfriend with another man. Acting the same as usual, asking her about her day and what she did, he than got to the point. Interagating her with questions and showing her pictures of them together. Mariah being nervous and anxious because she got caught lied, and tried calming Naz down. But that didn't lead to much because he ended up stabbing her in the heart two times. He didn't realize what he done till about five minutes later when he was just standing over her body with the bloody knife. He didn't shed a tear or anything, just stared at her and left her there to rot. That same day he rode around downtown Atlanta feeling nothing but what felt like a weight lifted off his shoulder, but he couldn't completely get rid of that feeling until he got rid of the other party, the guy she cheated with. Days later he found and watched the guy, Jeremiah. Surprisingly he had a girlfriend, a pretty one at that, and once he seen her, his anger was directed towards her. Angry because she couldn't play her role and gave Jeremiah an access to his now, dead girlfriend.

***

So he snuck into there house when Jeremiah wasn't there and stabbed his girlfriend five times in her chest. It was then he felt relieved. But it wasn't the end. Two months later he got caught on his fourth female victim. A vulnerable 19 year old girl, looking for a fun time, stabbed in her chest and heart in a five star hotel. Unfornatley his DNA was left on the hotel sheets and under her finger nails. Clearly Naz didn't think it through. And now he's sitting in a court room, either going to jail for life or, going to jail for what he requested, thirty five years with ten years of parole.

The room was silent. Papers shuffling, small talk from one peer to another. Naz kept his eye on the male judge in front of him, no emotion, no movement, just . "Before I make my decision, I just want to say that this is the must disturbing and gruesome case I have ever covered in my twelve years of sitting in this chair." said judge Terry. He took his glasses off, and filed his ams making direct contact with Naz. "You took four innocent souls because of your demented and sick ways. I don't believe it was an honest mistake. You are mentally insane and let your anger control what you did. You could've easliy handle the situation in a mature way." he said now pointing his finger towards Naz.

He didn't care though, he just needed to know how long he was getting sentenced.

"I could go on and on Mr. Flint, and it could go through one ear and out the other. But now, this is where you listen and take responsibility." he said putting his glasses back on. Naz softens his face a bit to prepare for what was coming next, "Mr. Flint, I hear sentence you a life sentence with no parole. Enjoy the rest of your life in hell." he said banging his wooden hammer. Everybody left the courtroom and Naz being escorted by the guard to the police van.

The news reporters and paparazzi were outside ready to ask question and take pictures. Keeping his head held high and having a deilvish grin plastered on his face, cameras went off like fireworks and reporters surrounding him barley stopping him from going to the van. He put his head down having his long dreads swing in front of his face. Still keeping his smirk on his face, he made his away to the van, egagred for what he had in store. This was going to be an interesting journey.

-----

don't forget to vote & comment