Young Love Is A Fickle Thing

This is not my story, the original author is TheadoraBlack from ao3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heiress Siriana Black carded her hands through her brother, Master Regulus Black's loose black curls. He had been crying into the fabric of her dress for the last hour. She bent down and pressed another kiss to his hair.

"I'm going to make this right, Reggie. I promise."

"You can't make him love me," he mumbled.

"No. I can't do that," she admitted sadly.

She had warned Lord James Potter countless times, not to get involved with her brother, if he didn't truly love him. He had assured her in the strongest terms that he would never hurt Reggie.

He lied.

She had never seen a man move his attention so quickly. It was a miracle he didn't get whiplash. He had eloped with Miss Lily Evans in the middle of the night, without a second thought for her brother, who he was supposed to be courting. It was terrifying how quickly his loyalties shifted. A flash of Lily's eyes and he was lost.

"If he lied about this, what else has he lied about?" Regulus weeped.

Siriana's hands tightened at the back of her brother's robes. James had promised to keep them safe in the coming war. He had kept her safe from her parents for years. Her trust was broken. She could never be friends with someone who would break her brother's heart so carelessly.

"I'm sorry I ever met him, Reggie. I never suspected him capable of this."

Her mind was spinning, trying to think of what to do next. They were safe in the Room of Requirement, but they couldn't stay here forever.

Lord Slytherin's followers had tried to recruit both her and Regulus countless times. She had resisted, of course she had. Her former best friend was the very embodiment of Light magic. It was time to embrace the Dark.

"Kreacher," she called into the room.

With a pop their house elf appeared. He rushed towards them, wringing his ancient hands.

"What has happened to my Master?"

Regulus wiped at his tears, and pushed himself up. He still felt wretched. He leaned his head against Siriana's arm. His handsome green eyes were red rimmed and haunted.

"Lord Potter broke his heart. As of this moment he is an enemy of the Ancient & Noble House of Black."

Siriana felt the effect ripple through their familial magic, all those of Black blood would. Regulus and James had been courting for months, his treachery would be known soon enough. Siriana looked down at Keacher.

"Can you take us to Malfoy Manor?"

Kreacher looked at her appraisingly, "Why?"

Siriana put an arm around Regulus and pulled him close. He was still so innocent, so pure hearted, unlike her. James' protection had clearly run out, but she wouldn't let Regulus get swept away in the coming war. He didn't need to fight. She would do anything to protect him.

"I'm going to save this family."

He held out his hands. Siriana and Regulus held each other's hands, and took one of Kreacher's. With a nod of his head, and an unpleasant squeezing sensation, they were gone. They landed in the ladies salon of Malfoy Manor.

Siriana's favorite cousin, Lady Narcissa Malfoy was sitting at her ornate french writing desk. She stood to her feet at the sight of them. She rushed towards them and pulled them into her arms.