1. Cracks in Heaven

The stars still trembled in harmony when a graceful hand, with a decisive gesture, silenced them abruptly, and it dimmed the brightest one among them. 

Lips uttered words. The breath from them stirred the ethereal substance of the morning's mantle. Then, with a single sweep of the other hand, the world bathed in the glorious, shimmering hues of the emerging life-giving sun.

Pleased, Lucifer retreated a few steps from the brink of Heaven, turned around, and headed back towards the gardens. Enveloped in a soft yet formidable light, he was the Morning Star, the right hand of God and his Counselor. Known as "The Bearer of Light", he advised the celestial beings on matters concerning the order and the maintenance of harmony in Heaven. Praised and held in high esteem, he was acutely aware of the elevated status his rank conferred.The day's task allocation was about to begin.While making his way to the central temple of God, Lucifer found himself in the company of Michael. The Archangel was fresh from a training spiritual session in the celestial gymnasium, his tall frame robed in radiant angelic attire. His aura sparkled a greeting of a bright silver radiance."Peace be with you, brother," echoed his words in Lucifer's mind.Lucifer nodded subtly in response, an inscrutable smile gracing his impeccably beautiful face."Peace be with you too, Michael", he tuned in telepathically as well, and together, they proceeded along the path toward the central temple that shimmered with the reflections of the exquisite precious stones adorning it.Beautiful gardens, laden with flowers, unfurled alongside them. A sweet, intoxicating fragrance wafted through the air. Other angels, souls, and beings floated toward the temple, gathering to attend to the daily distribution of tasks. God's lieutenant lifted his arm."Look, Michael,"–Lucifer's words echoed in Michael's mind, and he directed his gaze in the direction Lucifer had pointed: the world behind them. 

"The vast canvas of the Creator, shimmering under our watchful gaze. Day after day, month after month, year after year. Have you ever wondered about the meaning of our role in this grand design?"

Michael shifted his gaze away from the horizon of morning lights, his expression a mix of concern and surprise."Lucifer, your words wander in clouds. Our purpose is preordained - to serve the Divine, which is both noble and fulfilling.Lucifer's eyes, shining like the surface of a still, touched by the morning sun lake, reflected none of what was transpiring in the depths of his divine soul. His perfectly shaped eyebrows arched in puzzlement."Noble, you say? We hold the world in our hands. Are we, the guardians of light, merely to observe the world's order, or are we to create it?"Michael looked at Lucifer with a steady gaze, his voice resonating with calm but firm determination. 

"Be wary, dear brother. Pride treads a dangerous path. Ambition can blind even the brightest of stars."

Lucifer didn't respond. At the temple steps, he paused, allowing Michael to pass first. He lingered before stepping forward, casting his bright golden gaze towards the entrance arches of the vestibule. His eyes traced the divine symbol carved in marble and inlaid with gold–the Alpha and Omega greeting every newcomer. Something was forming in his divine soul. He felt it with his entire being; something that stubbornly made its way to his consciousness. In the depths of his divine essence, a crack had formed — a fine, almost invisible fissure, even to divine eyes trained in the art of celestial finesse.When he stepped in, he already had a plan.