4. The Fall

The skies above the temple darkened. Electrical storms swirled around the temple pillars, engulfing the unfortunate group that stood in the middle of it.

As Lucifer's light faded, so did his ethereal beauty wane as well. His once magnificent and awe-inspiring form began a harrowing metamorphosis. Unable to move or say anything, he just felt the agony of his grotesque transformation. He could see the terrified and awe-filled gaze of the heavenly deities fixed on him, and he knew that something terrible was happening to them.

"This is the corruption and the darkness that had taken root in his heart!"–whispered Rafael and closed his eyes, unable to bear the terrifying sight.

Lucifer's once radiant skin, which gleamed like polished marble, started to wither and crack like the parched earth of a forsaken wasteland. The smooth texture of his divine complexion gave way to a rough, leathery hide; deep scars oozed putrid blood and pus. A similar thing happened to his comrades.

Lucifer's hands, once delicate and capable of crafting celestial melodies, morphed into twisted and sharp, gnarled claws. Each finger ended in blackened and cruel talon-like nails.

His eyes, which once shone with the light of stars, now sunk deep into their sockets, glowing with a malevolent and infernal light. They gleamed like burning coals, set in a hollow and gaunt face, and instilled fear and despair in everyone who looked at him. Two horns disgraced his once beautiful head. He was petrifying to look at.

The exclamations of the onlookers in the hall grew louder as they realized that there was much more to the physical appearance of their heavenly members that got changed. Under the terrifying cacophony of moans and growls that came out of their deformed lips, the outcast grew out a pair of bat-like skeletal wings; the membrane so thin and tattered that they seemed incapable of bearing their weight. The grotesque structures twitched and writhed as if in constant, unending agony.

As the transformation was completed, the figure that stood before the terror-struck calamity bore little resemblance to the Morning Star of Heaven. This new form bore horror, a demonic entity forged from his own rebellion and pride. Lucifer has turned into a ghoul, a creature of nightmares.

With an ear-piercing swoosh, out of the swirling mist, there materialized a long ethereal chain of light that bound the whole coup in a clinging and tight embrace.

"Min chen l'ar'a, min shapar l'shata,

Naphal d'matreed, b'mishpat qyamta.

B'irtsoni, itpukh fatekha,

Tzurathek d'mala'akha, akhshav tamam.

Ana hu Ana, v'ana qat'ay rahamekha,

B'choshek titnade, at turak sham."*

These words of God resonated around the space, and the realms vibrated with the celestial energy that came out of His lips. As the curse was complete, the space above the unfortunate party opened with a foreboding crack. The curse sent the chained ones, fallen from grace, instantly into the nothingness of the abyss, where no man had ever walked.

God turned around to face the quiet calamity that stood still in disbelief and opened his arms.

"Shall we resume?... Who wants to be the new Light Bearer?"

*"From grace to ground, from dawn to dusk, the betrayed shall be cast, in judgment just. By My will, let your fate be reversed, your celestial form, now must end in a judgment just. I Am that I Am, and I sever your bond, in the dark you're cast out, it's where you will belong."