Chapter 2

Annabelle POV

I walk into the locker room to be greeted by Skyler with a smug look on her face.

"What the hell is that face for?" I ask which just makes her face more smug if that is possible.

"Charlie Smith!" She screams at me.

"Yes I was sitting by Charlie Smith and yes I am getting ice cream with him, but it means nothing." She raises an eyebrow and smiles. "What?!"

"Oh, nothing. Just you being you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked sassily

"You're terrible with emotions and not seeing that, that man likes you."

"What? No, no, no. He would never like me. I don't think anyone in this school would date me."

"You think that."

"Shut the fuck up!" I scream at her.

"So am I not picking you up?"

"Um, I don't know."

"Ok, if you need me to pick you up, just tell me."

"Thank you."

"Now you have fun."

I walked out of the changing room. I had my normal sweater and high-waisted jeans on. I walk out to see Charlie just on his phone in front of the school. I walk up to him.

"I'm ready when you are." I say when I get to him.

"Of course let's go now. By the way love the sweater, where did you get it?" He asked walking towards his car.

"Goodwill," I say laughing. He smiles. He stops at an army-green Jeep. I look at him. "A Jeep?"

"Yes, a Jeep. Why is there a problem with that?"

"No, just you didn't look like a Jeep type."

"Oh really." He said raising an eyebrow. "Maybe I can take you on a Jeep ride after ice-cream."

"Depends, roof and door's off?"

"Of course, it's not a Jeep ride if they're on." I laughed. 'Maybe he is different from the other.' I thought to myself.

"Fair" I say laughing getting in his Jeep. I look out the window. "So how long have you been a football player?" I ask a little bit later.

"Well, the first time I ever played football was in 5th grade."

"Oh, so you have been playing for a while then."

"Yep!" I look out the window again. "I have a question." Charlie starts. I look at him.

"What is it?" I was a little confused, and a scared 'What if he asks the question he did earlier?'

"How long have you been doing art?" Now I was really confused, I don't really show or talk about the way I do art. I guess he saw that I was confused. "Well I have seen you in art class and the teacher always shows your art because it's so good."

"Oh, well I have been doing art for forever, it's how I show my emotions. I'm not good at emotions so I draw them. I have been doing that since 4th grade."

"Well, you have been doing art for a while as well." I nod and look back out the window. I really like his company right now and he seems really nice as well. I was not expecting him to be this nice when I sat next to him. "Why are you so nice to me?" I ask him. He looked confused.

"Well, why wouldn't I be?" He asked still confused.

"Well ever since I was a kid, no one was really nice to me or talked to me."