Ch. 1: GYATT

walking in the forest near his bunker, branch was collecting berries, herbs, sticks, and other resources for his monthly restock. ever cautious, his ears turned towards every small sound that the forest made, keeping an eye out for potential threats and preditors.

he wouldn't admit it, but he was humming quietly to one of his brothers' old songs, back from when they were all in brozone. while he was twisting off a particularly hard berry, he heard a twig snap behind him, instantly ceasing his movements, and even breathing. slowly backing into taller grass, branch brought out a small dagger from his pocket, scanning the area for danger. nothing could be seen yet, though he knew something was there.

calmly smiling, a purple troll with blue and green hair walked through the forest, heading towards his usual morning meditation spot. not quite paying attention to the path ahead of him, he stepped on a small twig, which made a surprisingly loud crack noise.

pausing for a moment, creek glanced down, his brows furrowing from the twigs disturbance to his peace. he'd been listening to the sounds of the forest, the beautiful calls of the birds, the swaying of the trees in the winds, and the gentle flowing of a nearby river. sighing lightly, he resumed his walk, now moving carefully in order to not cause any more sudden noises that might disturb his inner peace.

listening as the quiet footsteps and even breathing approached him, branch raised his dagger, letting out a low growl as a warning to whatever may be coming towards him.

preparing to strike before the other creature could have a chance to, branch bent his knees, ready to run forwards the moment that it was in sight, only for a troll that he'd hated to emerge from the foliage. unable to stop his reflexes in time, branch lunged at the other, holding his dagger above his head, tossing it to the side once he realized that he wasnt againt a major threat.

walking into a nice clearing where berries grew, creek quickly got tackled to the ground the moment his entire body had left the protection of the plants behind him. falling backwards with an 'oomf,' creek blinked his eyes open, surprised to see a gray troll on top of him, the village downer.

"branch? what are you doing here? i thought youd be hiding away in your 'anti-bergan' pit, or whatever its called, but here you are, falling onto the ground with me. have you perhaps had a change of heart, and decided to learn the ways of happiness from me?"

creek smiled, laughing a bit at his jokes, even if they were somewhat in bad taste. making fun of branch was always entertaining, he always had the best reactions.

"creek. well, first off, im here collecting berries, like any SANE troll would during this time of the season. secondly, its a bunker, not a pit. and lastly, i don't need your stupid 'ways of happiness,' thank you very much. im perfectly fine staying how i am, and not getting eaten."

branch answered with a straight face, spitting out hus words at creek harshly. why was he always so rude? well, i guess today it was kind of his fault for tackling the purple troll over, though thats still not an excuse to make fun of his bunker...

smirking, creek raised one of his hands, poking branch on the nose.

"boop! branch, mate, you're too paranoid. the bergans aren't going to find us, we're safe now. let yourself loose a bit, have some fun! or you could come with me to meditate today, i was just on my was there when you... ran into me! who knows, you might enjoy it, and relax for once..?"

recoiling his head a few inches from creeks sudden touch, branches face twisted into a scowl, resuming his small growling from earlier.

"i am NOT paranoid, you all are just too busy having fun and partying to care about anything IMPORTANT! the bergans, theyve been looking... you can HEAR their footsteps at night!! and, for the record, i dont DO fun or relaxation. i do staying alive."

creek molded his face into the most pitiful and pleading look he could muster, looking up at branch with his best puppy eyes.

"oh, but love, relaxation IS staying alive! its been proven to lengthen your lifespan, as well as increase productivity levels after giving it a try! i do still think you're being a bit dramatic with the bergans though, we havent seen one in over twenty years, i doubt theyd come now. branch, you should really join me for my morning meditation sessions, i think itd do you some serious good!"

dramatically rolling his eyes, branch got up to his knees and stood up again, holding his hand out for creek as some form of an apology.

"i doubt it, ive been nearly my whole life without relaxing, and look at me! just peachy! i get things done quickly, and effectively, and i dont require breaks in between. youd have to try a lot harder than that to get me to join you in your 'meditation,' and other spiritual bullshit."

taking branches hand, creek mocked offense while pulling himself up.

"branch! how could you, this is my lifes work! now you owe me a serious apology, perhaps hanging out with me for the rest of the morning hours would do, unless you want me to tell poppy about this horrible mistreatmen youve done upon me!!"

eyes wide and mouth held open, branch stared at creek. the sheer AUDACITY to threaten him, and with POPPY of all trolls, god damnit, he might actually have to do this...

"UGH FINE, im sorry for calling your... beliefs and practices... bullshit. now would you PLEASE let me finish what i was doing? id appreciate being left ALONE."

creek plastered a fake frown onto his lips, knowing hes nearly won.

"mate, how could you? youve deeply hurt me, perhaps beyond repair, and youre giving me that half assed apology? no, i need something more, i need some of your time to be spent with me to show how you truly care and are sorry about your past words and actions..."

glaring at creek, branch knew he had lost.

"AGH, FINE! ill go do your stupid meditation with you... but can i please drop all this shit off at my bunker first..? i think itd be a bit much to carry over to wherever youre going and back..."

1092 words
MY FOURTH FANFICTION WRITTEN EVER, SECOND ONE IVE ACTUALLY TRIED ON!! SORRY IF ITS SHIT, THE ONLY OTHER NON CRACK FANFIC IVE EVER WRITTEN WAS FOR AN ENGLISH ASSIGNMENT, AND I FAILED THAT CLASS X3

COME BACK LATER FOR MORE!! I THINK IMA MAKE THIS SLOWBURN AND MAYBE SOME SMUT LATER BECAUSE THATS LITERALLY ALL IM CONFIDENT IN WRITING, SOMEONE PLS TELL ME IF WATTPAD STILL LETS U WRITE THAT I HAVENT BEEN ON HERE IN YEARS,,

ANYWYA BYEEEEE ;3