c. 54

I clutched the box of chocolates and stepped into work. Andy looked confused but waved anyway. I looked over to the bar expecting to see Willow, but they were nowhere to be seen.
That's weird.

My mind flashed back to the 'gift'. 

No, they're probably fine. I told myself, though I didn't fully believe it.
I made my way over to Andy, who tipped his head. "What are you doing back here?" He chuckled, then added, "I told you to take time off."
I shrugged and handed him the box. "It's just a little something."
He gently grabbed it and smiled. "You shouldn't have! Thanks."
I smiled back and we hugged.

I moved away to check the bar for any signs of Willow. Perhaps they'd gone to the restroom and left behind their bag or jacket. I looked around, checking the cupboards behind the counter.
The cupboards were empty aside from a bottle of sanitiser spray and a roll of cloth.
Okay, they're probably just out sick. I took in a breath.
Wouldn't they have told me, though?  I put my hand flat on the counter, trying to calm my racing nerves. 
Oh wait, I can text them. I pulled out my phone and messaged Willow.

"hey, r u okay?"

Usually they responded pretty fast even when they were preoccupied, so if they were all right, they'd let me know decently quickly.
I heard a snicker behind me and spun around, but saw nobody.