9: tightrope mind

**11th of July, 9487**

“Are you yet prepared? You need to keep everything in mind, if you get tired you can get hurt or even…” The black dragoness fixed her blue eyes on the darkening sky, light hitting in her icy silvery eyes and stepped closer, studying sunclaws face in worry.

“I’ve done it all before, I can do it again. I’ll be okay nebula” Sunclaw mentioned, a draft brushed through the tower window, it was twilight, a dusky blue left shadows through were the lanterns didn’t light. Windows covered the ancient building, yet still where there couldn’t be panes of glass, shadows streaked back and darkened their features. 

“But! It will be easier and safer, if you dont want to bring extra cloaks or the tent cover at least bring some spices or ale to at least make it more enjoyable!” Nebula dried herbs as a hobby, so they never worried about buying spices from cerrini markets. 

“If anything, Akashi will have kept all of that in mind. He always brings extra and wouldn’t mind sharing” Sunclaw reassured, strapping things to his wingpack laying on the ground.

“I swear, you do this every last time, akashi can’t always just bring enough for you two! If anything at least spare him the extra weight preparing for your lack of thinking things through.” Nebula laughed, constellations were strewn across her body in the most beautiful way possible. Nebula was kind of an amalgam of draconic races, a beautiful hybrid between the perfect mash of three regions. 

“He’ll be fine, and if he doesn’t share, i’ll be fine. also! The sword you made for tavier, he’ll be fighting with it for the first time this battle!” Sunclaw said with a smile, nebula tried to hide the fact she was beaming.

“Remember to ask him if it needs any modifications, with a dragon more of mind than brute force like him I wouldn't think it fit to fight with such a large sword. That thing was larger than your sword, and I couldn’t swing it cleanly in testing once. I had to ask aaronay to help test it. Plus with the obscure material he chose its prone to be a bit brittle and might chip or dull rather fast. Honestly at first I didn’t think the sword was even for him” Nebula mumbled in thought, expecting sunclaw to not even listen to it. But he heard and remembered every last word.

“I agree, he’s fought with only longswords in the past. His speed and cunning is why he is my second in command, never would he be considered a durable or headstrong kind of warrior, he’d always left that to me. He tells them where to stand, I tell them how to stand” Sunclaw ranted in return, his gold tipped feather crest brushed in the wind. 

“I would almost say he’d be most likely gifting it to a warrior that be fitting to fight with it but no one in this country would give up one of your blades” Sunclaw added, looking up at the see-through glass roof, sparkling millions of little harsh edged shapes as the dying sunlight reflected into the complex patterns on the glass, casting diamond reflections shifting in millions of ripples. She was mesmerized by the patterns on the white stone, they reflected those same shining diamonds into her eyes that made them look more like diamonds, the icy silvery  blue of a snow leopards, contrasting her dark scales that as her name suggested, had nebulas woven through her scales, with opalline like rusty orange and fire and that same ice blue as in her eyes. Every single time he looked at her he thought she was the most beautiful dragon he had ever seen, everything about her was the same as when they met many years back. When she was running away from the daraklus-taharia camp destruction. The only two dragons he could ever think of comparing to her in beauty were their daughter and son.

He always had a worry that one of them would fall out of love, but it never happened. They were nowhere near perfect, a million times they had hurt, both of them because of each other. But after every fight they both knew truly, they couldn’t go without each other, he loved her more than anything, souls intertwined by the angels.