A surprise guest

I couldn't believe it. Surely not?

"Drykon??" I screeched, a sob leaving my throat.

My head began to spin.

Still my fingers started to shake as I clawed at the air despite my arms themselves being immovable. 

I desperately tried to throw my body back, to rip myself from the magnetic current that was pulling me to the alter. 

The wraiths seemed unbothered at my futile attempts, them carried gliding forward carelessly.

 I couldn't fight it, I was imprisoned inside my own body; watching myself move without any ability to change course.

"Drykon! What's going on?" I yelled.

Nothing. He wasn't saying anything. Surely... This couldn't be happening?

But any false hope was ripped away the moment my eyes saw it.

A utterly terrifying looking scythe lay in wait on a table behind the altar. 

My head pushed me to kick and jerk back as I screamed again. 

My whole lungs collapsing to produce any noise.

But nothing came out. To my horror, I realised they had now stolen my vocal chords.

"DRYKON!!!! DRYKON!!" I mouthed, tendons pulling painfully as I tried to tear the words out.

But it was utterly pointless. My mouth then sagged. 

It began, like the rest of my body to be numb. Ungovernable. Not my own.

Everything were controlled but my eyes, which thrashed around wildly. 

I looked so calm and lithe as my fingers met the crystal side, turned towards the crowds to sit myself up on the alter. 

They didn't even need ropes to tie me down. 

I screamed. I screamed noiselessly so loud. But even my jaw snapped shut then.

I felt violated, manacled into a bodily puppet for whatever sadistic act they planned. 

They even made my lips curl up, an expression of disgusting contentment at my fate.

This was horror. Sadistic. Sick. My fury raged.

But more was to come.

It was only when I turned to lift my body onto the altar I could see him again. 

Drykon. My intended.

Why are you not rescuing me? I silently pleaded.

His focus was now not on his boots but above my head beyond me, to the waterfall behind. All I needed was to get back to Drykon. 

Maybe someone had drugged him? Perhaps he was being controlled too?

But as if to answer this, his eyes then flipped past me to the woman at his arm. And then I knew.

With the same hand he had soothed my back, wrapped my wrists, cupped my chin to kiss me.... he pulled it around her shoulder, bringing her, that goddess, in and squeezed her gently. 

Then spoke something into her hairline, she turned, an affectionately sweet expression adorning her face and then she lifted to put her plush, pink lips on his.

My breath hitched. 

He would jerk back. He would fling her away.

I was his mate. He told me he would be with me forever. Me.