001 | jaime

• a baby? •

a baby?

chapter one: jaime 】

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Dominic Greengrass frowned as he watched his father Lord Reginald Greengrass look uncomfortable at the mention of the Potters. Especially at the mention of the granddaughter of the Late Lady Euphemia Potter. His wife Isabel too frowned at the screen, he could see that she was recalling the only conversation she ever had with Atlanta Potter, he never remembered his graceful wife being intimidated, until, she was faced with Atlanta's glare.

Everyone surrounding them knew of Atlanta's hatred for the Greengrass. In a way, they had their hand in their reputation. After all, Euphemia was the only sister of Dominic Greengrass, and Atlanta was her only granddaughter. The same granddaughter that they had left to fend for herself after the death of James and Lily Potter. 

Reginald Greengrass did not want a probable half-blood bastard sullying the halls of his ancestral Manor. He even went as far as to refuse Dumbledore when he came knocking at their door, with Atlanta Potter's custody. At the time, Reginald didn't know that he made a mistake by not taking in his grand niece. He didn't know that his actions would cause repercussions as unlike his sweet sister and her noble son, her granddaughter was bloodthirsty. And she demanded that the Greengrasses pay for betraying their blood.

A woman with long blood-red hair passed quietly through the gardens of the small cottage in which James Potter once used to live. A strong wind rushed past the woman moving her hair as a woman with beauty that could even surpass mortal standards, in her arms was a small bundle that she cradled carelessly.

Hermione who could see the hints of her best friend in the woman's face, gasped. "She- she is Atlanta's mother, right?"

The unknown dark-haired boy smiled at her as he nodded. "Ya she is," he proceeded to grimace. "Though, I would not recommend meeting her. A right sour old lady she is." There was a certain gleam in his eyes that she couldn't seem to discern.

Hermione looked at the boy for a moment before nodding, "I am Hermione, by the way."

"AJ's 'bestmate'?" The boy asked, his American accent more obvious as Hermione blushed and nodded, internally pleased that Atlanta considered her best friend. "I am Percy, her bestie." He said with a playful smile. "And this is Apollo." He waved toward the silent blond boy.

"Oh, Jackson, the annoying worm?" Ron asked as he stuffed another marshmallow into his mouth. However, Hermione was quick to silence Ron from offending Atlanta's friends by a quick smack on his arm.

The woman tilted her head, with a gleam in her eyes as she watched the little child look at her with wide blue eyes,  her fathomless eyes looked down upon the small bundle of blankets that rested in her arms. "Your mere existence challenges the balance," She hissed, her teeth flashing at the small babe who looked at her with wide eyes. "Your existence demands retribution, and so shall it be. You shall know no love, no peace. Your other half would forsake you. But know this, my child, you will be great."

Molly pursed her lips at the words. How could a mother say such harsh words to a small child, forgetting the fact that the child was her daughter? Her heart ached for poor Atlanta who lost her father and stepmother who loved her too soon, and her mother seemed to abhor her existence.

Sirius seemed to froth at his mouth as he glared at his goddaughter's mother. "how dare she say that?" He whispered loudly. "Attie was an angel."

Corvus who was silent till then, raised his head and glared at his 'father'. "Even now you seemed to care for that bastard, father." He spat, a sneer of hatred curling his lips as he looked at the coward who abandoned him. However, his sneer fell as he was faced with multiple glares, the harshest ones being from the two strangers.

"At least her mother wasn't a rapist," Percy spat the truth that everyone seemed to ignore in the room. How convenient was it for them to forget that Corvus was conceived from assault not consent? If it was the other way around, everyone would be condemning the assaulter to death, but not in this case.

Seems like Atlanta was right. They all are bigoted, inbred fools.

The woman raised her finger as she gently traced the babe's face, she retracted her hand and retrieved a bracelet, in the center of the gold bracelet sat a balance scale that was embedded with dark stones, a charm that resembled a small yet beautiful sword charm hanging from the bracelet, clucking the woman tied the bracelet around the child's arm.

With a glance around her surroundings, the woman sat the child down in a basket that contained a paper. 

"See you soon, my child," The woman whispered as she left the child stranded on the doorstep.

A while later, the door of the cottage opened as a frazzled James Potter stumbled out, his leg hit the basket and a light squeal, which attracted his attention, seeing a newborn baby resting on his porch, James blinked squatting down, he picked the baby up.

Percy blinked at Atlanta's father, "Wow, he's young." 

"He was twenty-one when he died," Minerva said, looking at Atlanta always brought up fresh memories. The girl looked so much like James, but unlike him, there was an invisible burden on her shoulder, her eyes that should be shining with youth and mischief were always shrouded with grief. A look so similar to Albus.

Every day, Minerva cursed Voldemort for taking Lily and James away from Atlanta, she cursed the Greengrass who abandoned their blood, she cursed Albus for leaving Atlanta with the Dursleys, but most of all, she cursed herself for not saving Atlanta from the horrors that she might have suffered. The horrors that molded the once-happy and lively baby into a burdened young adult with a tortured soul.

"Now, who would leave such a cutie like you here?" He murmured looking at the baby, something about her felt familiar. He frowned feeling bad for the child that was abandoned, though, a part of him wondered how the child was able to come to his doorstep, only those with Potter blood could cross his wards.

His eyes suddenly widened as though a thought struck him, his eyes looked frantically around for any proof before they landed on the letter. Gingerly, he picked up the letter and started to read-

"Dear James,

I am here to give you your daughter. I have yet to name her, it is your job to do so. I, unfortunately, can't care for a child. 

Nikita."

"Huh," James murmured. "Niki- Nikita! That girl in the bar." He looked down at the child, "Apparently she's your mother." He stated a small smile formed on his lips as the baby babbled. "Yes, yes, seems like you are my daughter too. But, we need to confirm it first, don't we?"  

Ginny felt tears burn into her eyes at the sight of James. She did not even know the man, but she could feel the love he had for her daughter, even despite not confirming that she was his daughter, he loved the small baby. "He seemed like a doting father."

"He was," Remus said with a small smile. "Atlanta was his everything. He called her his lucky charm. Even Lily was smitten with Attie when she met her for the first time."

"She was such a charming baby," Andromeda Tonks smiled at the screen. "Just like her father. I remember James catching everyone's heart with his adorable eyes."

The baby babled as James frowned, "I keep addressing you as the baby. Hmm, let's think of a name for you... how about Jaime?" James grinned as the baby gurgled. "Seems like you already like it. Once it's confirmed that you are my daughter we will think of a nice name."

"And self-obsessed too," Sirius laughed, though his laugh was not a happy one, but one filled with grief.

Bouncing the baby, he stood up, and walked inside his house, shutting the door.