My birthday!

August 15th 1877
Amaira's POV

I wake up early today, I'm so excited! Today is my 11th birthday. Everyone comes: Uncle Jesse, Aunt May, Grandma, grandpa, my cousins and my friends. We have Vanilla cake with strawberries on top, and a bunch of chocolate cookies. While i'm waiting for my mum and dad to come and wake me up by singing happy birthday, i decide to choose a nice dress for the day. Maybe i could dress up as a fairy, i love fairies.

As I am putting my dress on i hear footsteps, i rush to my bed and lay down just in time. My parents come in singing happy birthday with a plate with my breakfast, pancakes and fruit. I love pancakes! I give my Parents a hug and sit down against the wall. "Thank you" I eat my food and later go downstairs where i see Michael. "Hey mike! Should we go outside before i need to take a bath?" "Sure! And happy birthday"

We go outside, to a field in the middle of the forest, there is a small pond with ducks and frogs living there. We sit down and talk for a while.

"Can i ask you something?" Michael asks a bit shy. "Ofcourse" i reply "I, have liked you for a long time, not as just friends. And i have dreams, that one day we get married and live on a farm!" He discribed excited. "Really? I, like you too! We should make a promise for this." I squealed.

I stood up and ran to a tree, i picked up a sharp stick and held it up. "Look! This we can use as a writing tool, our names on the tree. And we can make a birds nest here." I say excited. "Its a really cool idea Amaira." As he says that i start writing my name on the tree. Michael goes to search for tools to use for the nest.

A bit later we sit down and build the nest. I cut in my finger with the stick, as Michael does the same. "I, Amaira Baker. Promise you that in the future we get married. On a nice beach near a forest, with flowers everywhere!" I vowed "And i, Michael Jones, promise you that i will marry you in the future and be a good husband." Then we press our fingers together to end the vow. But then we hear voices behind us getting louder and louder until they stop.

"Hmhm" a man groans. We look back and stand up. "Hello sir, what can we do for you?" Michael asks him "You need to come with us" The man says, i notice his suit and hat that says 'captain'. "Why does he need to?" I ask with a curious look on my face. "We need to question him. There has been a robbery a few miles away from here two days ago. This boy is one of the suspects." I look at Michael questioning "Michael is just 11, how could he possibly commit such a big crime? What even has been stolen?" I can see a bit of a mad look on the officers face.

"Thats not how you speak to an officer." He barked. "But there has been stolen a hundred pounds of cash and a golden necklace which is 75 years old, and is worth tons of money" I look suprised. "Michael, you gave me a necklace with some sort of yellow stone. Are you sure it came from London? Tell me the thruth" I ordered him.

"I swear it wasn't me who stole it" He insisted while putting his hands up, in order to show his innocence. "I- i" he cant get out his words "can we speak to my mum?" He begged in a bit of panic

"We already talked to her, you now come with us" The man grabs him by the arm and walks away. I stand there in shock as Michael gets taken away.

"No wait!" I run to them screaming, tears running down my face.