The Panthere de Cartier

Luxury watches for women have never been more popular. Once only ever considered an item of jewellery, they have now become a symbol of status, wealth, and good taste. No longer is buying a women's watch just about looking regal and refined (although it can certainly do that too!), it is a reflection of quality and can be worn as an extension of her personality. Over the years, leading luxury watch brands have honed into this demand. More and more brands are acknowledging a resurgence within the industry and the fact that the need for functionality and reliability is shared between male and female audiences alike. Today, some of the most prestigious watch manufacturers in the world offer a superb selection of timepieces for women. We've rounded up eleven of the best ones to invest in, so if you're a lady and you're looking to extend your collection, use this Watches World guide for tips on all the best women's watches.

A BRIEF HISTORY OF WOMEN'S WATCHES

Once manufacturers had learnt how to minimise clock mechanisms into smaller palm-sized timekeeping instruments, pocket watches were a very popular thing and were hugely on-trend for men during the 19th century. Higher classed individuals would slip one into their pocket as a reflection of their status, yet women's clothes were seldom made with pockets, so the trend simply passed them by. That was until women began to thread pocket watches onto their necklaces and bracelets and began wearing them as brooches. It proved that women desired pocket watches just as much as men.

The first women's wristwatch was thought to have been developed by Breguet in 1810. The classic pocket watch had been developed into a bracelet and was created for the Queen of Naples. The iconic wristwatch for women went on to inspire other leading manufacturers within the industry, many of which were highly priced. Fortunately there is now a mix of affordable and high-end luxury watches on the market that suit all tastes, and we have a selection of the best right here at Watches World.

ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL DATEJUST

is a classic companion that can be enjoyed on every possible occasion. What's more, it remains a timeless design thanks to its sporty elegance with a trademark cyclops date window at 3 o'clock. The lady's Rolex Datejust is characterised by its beautiful Jubilee bracelet and is considered a highly versatile range with so many styles, designs, cases and dial colours to choose from. It's also the brand's most expensive collection, with its three-handed time and date design framed by a fluted, domed or diamond-set bezel. The smallest model in the range measures 31mm, whilst the Lady-Datejust model measures even smaller at 28mm. You can choose from stainless steel, Everose (Rolex's proprietary rose gold version), yellow gold,

Website:https://www.watchesworld.com/11-of-the-best-womens-watches/