Home to you

While Wickie is driving, she realizes that there are no lines she's willing to not cross.

    Her car follows Kaede's with ease as he heads over to the big neighborhoods, thirty minutes away from where she lives. She keeps a distance, making sure there's at least one car ahead of her and nothing more.

    When she loses sight of him, she panic, but manages to locate him.

   Her phone vibrates as it flashes with a missed call from Mallory, and she let's out a slow breath. She appreciates having Mallory as a friend, but times like these make her wish that she would have stayed friendless.

    Once Kaede pulls into a tiny part of the neck of the woods, Wickie glances around, watching as his car shuts off. She parks her car in what looks like an old playground, and turns it off, running on the grass as she silently prays she's not spotted.

    Then a clearing shows, and she can spot his three story house with ease.

    Wickie looks at the driveway, noticing that his car is the only one present. Kaede's on the phone as he steps on the front porch and steps inside, talking to someone.

    Music blares from the house, and Wickie waits to see or hear if his parents will shut off the music or get on to him.

     After about five minutes, neither happens and she takes slow steps as she tries to see what floor Kaede's room is at.

    Most of the lights are off, curtains drawn, but her attention is drawn by some blinds that are parted, the windows vibrating to the beat of the music.

   "Bingo." she whispers, as she looks around for something to help her climb. It doesn't take long to find a random leaning ladder that can just about make it to the second floor balcony.

    She's quiet as she places it on, and then a strong smell hits her nose.

    The smell of skunk, which must mean that Kaede is smoking pot with his sliding door open.

    Wickie just wants to take a peek though. If he's awake, she'll admire him as she usually does.

    And if he's asleep with the sliding door open...well she'll figure out that plan when it comes to it.

    The music continues to blare on, and when she slowly pokes her head above the ledge of the balcony, she has a perfect view of Kaed's sleeping form on the bed.

    Without even thinking, she's over the railing, her tennis shoes landing lightly on the wooden floor. She's tense as she makes her way to his room, the balcony door opened.

    There's a part of her that's screaming at her to turn back. Get in her car and drive home (she has groceries in her trunk and the ice cream was sure to melt), and to never do this again.

    But a bigger part of her is telling her that this is her chance. This is her chance to either make or break it, because once the senior year is over, he is going out of state and she'll live with this regret for the rest of her life.

    That was the push that she needed as she slid the door open more, stepping inside. The smell of pot was strong, and she wrinkled her nose. She always hated that smell, but when Kaede used it...it didn't smell as bad.

    She looked around his room, the walls painted a navy blue, trophies placed unorganized on a shelf, and medals piled on a hook that some had fallen to the floor. His stereo was on his computer desk, playing Bring me the Horizon, and as she glanced at the pinboard across his bed, she took a step closer.

    More information was acquired and better yet, it was the plans that he had for after college. She pulled her phone out from her back pocket, taking careful pictures.

    One of them caught her eye though; the picture of a big business, and the symbol of the company. She'd heard about this, the company famous for making cars and equipment.

    Did his family own that company? If that was the case, his family was extremely wealthy.

    Wickie made a note to check out the company and familiarize herself with that too.

    As she was distracted, the stereo quite playing music, and Wickie froze. She thought that it was connected by bluetooth, but Kaede had gone old school and used actual CDs.

    She turned around, hearing Kaede's snores, half of his body off the bed, his sleep continuing on.

    Her attention now on him, she noticed how his shirt was rumpled on the floor, wearing pajama bottoms with a checkered pattern. Wickie walked on the other side of the bed, laying down on it carefully. Kaede moved, so he was now facing Wickie, his hair tousled over his eyes. Wickie was breathless as she stared at him. She couldn't believe someone so handsome like this existed and the proof was just before her very eyes.

    She wanted so badly to touch him, but she knew that the minute she did, he would wake up.

    It was that thought that made her get up from the bed, snag his t-shirt from the ground, and out the sliding door. She had her fill for the day, and she carefully climbed back down the ladder, shirt clutched in her hand as she made it back on the grass.

    Putting the ladder back down like she had found it, she bolted through the grass, heading for her car.

    With the groceries put away, and her mother hauled up in her room, Wickie ran off to the room. She took a shower, getting ready for bed, and pulled on her new treasure,

    The shirt fit huge on her, and she looked at the design of it. A band with a axe for a guitar was on the front of it, and she smelled the shirt, the faint smell of pot mixed cologne coming off of it.

     Wickie was counting her lucky stars she'd gotten away with this, and before she went to bed, she decided to do a quick search of Kaede's family company.

     It wasn't until midnight, satisfied with her research and a new part of her plan made up, that she finally let herself sleep.